Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: T.H.E. Premier Rate  (Read 1052 times)

Law2k6

• Sr. Citizen
  • U.Va. Law, J.D. 2009
    • View Profile
T.H.E. Premier Rate
« on: May 29, 2006, 11:12:17 PM »
Does anyone know what credit score you need to get the T.H.E. Premier Rate on private loans?
U.Va. Law, J.D. 2009

potato

• View Profile
Re: T.H.E. Premier Rate
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 04:31:58 PM »
I've got the same question--anyone know? Even roughly?

Mr. Burnz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2006, 09:35:19 PM »
I ordered my credit reports from the 3 major bureaus but not my FICO score...where can I get the score part for free?

I applied for THE and got the premier rate, so once I find my score I'll let you know!  Last time I checked though, it was around 720 (about a year ago--probably went up since then).

potato

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2006, 12:21:34 AM »
I think you have to pay to get the actual credit score, and it's about $15/agency. but if someone finds out otherwise, please let us know.  They might have a trial (one month free) for a subscription service.  THE does tell you what bureau they will most likely use based on your location. 

piggythegreat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2006, 12:33:55 AM »
When I called them and asked last week, they said credit scores over 750 get the premier rate.

Mr. Burnz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2006, 01:12:45 AM »
http://www.myfico.com/

I was looking around and found myfico.com's "Score Watch" service.  They have a 30-day free trial--after that, but MAKE SURE YOU CANCEL cause it looks like they will bill you for a whole year in advance, not just the 7.95 a month price!!!!!  They say they'll send you an email when you have a week left, but who knows if that's true.  This service will ONLY give you your EQUIFAX score/credit report though and not the other 2 credit bureaus.

BTW, my credit score is 788(!)--I bet it was even lower before I applied for 5 private loans!  Fortunately, I learned from my older brother's mistake of not having a credit history when he went to apply for loans.  So I got my first credit card when I was 17, charged less than $100/month to it the last 5 years (I'm 22 now), and here I am.  What a good brother...lucky me for having him--cant wait to tell him! lol

check01

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2006, 04:27:45 AM »
http://www.myfico.com/

They say they'll send you an email when you have a week left, but who knows if that's true.

They do, and cancelling is quite easy. This 30-day trial is the way to go.  If you get your free annual credit report from each agency and all of the information is substantially similar on each report, your scores should all fall within about a 10 point range.

If the scoring for student loans is anything like mortgages, they will take the middle of three scores, unless one score is way different from the other two, in which case they'll average the two that are close.

Evo

• Sr. Citizen
  • Miami Skyline
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2006, 10:50:50 PM »
pardon my ignorance.  what exactly is the Premiere Rate?
University of Virginia '09

Mr. Burnz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2006, 10:56:26 PM »
T.H.E. is one of the student lenders to choose from...their premier rate is the best rate they give out for private loans (3-month LIBOR + 1.75%).

Read more at:
http://www.theloanprogram.com