Law School Discussion

Am I stealing?

Ninja

• View Profile
Re: Am I stealing?
« Reply #90 on: August 13, 2004, 06:19:26 AM »
They should put a tight wire mesh all around their house so the signal can't get out.  Or better yet, throw out the monopole that comes with the wireless router and use some narrow beam yagis so the signal can't get away.

Ginatio

« Reply #91 on: August 13, 2004, 07:13:31 AM »
They should put a tight wire mesh all around their house so the signal can't get out.  Or better yet, throw out the monopole that comes with the wireless router and use some narrow beam yagis so the signal can't get away.

lmao. i actually came up with an idea to use dynamic beam-shaping antenna arrays to locate where the authorized users are in a residence, and beam-shape an end-fire so the main lobe is directed to their location. that way, they get an optimal signal and everyone else gets barely anything.

but then i decided to be a lawyer

Casper

• Casper, the friendly Ghost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 13, 2004, 10:39:51 AM »

lmao. i actually came up with an idea to use dynamic beam-shaping antenna arrays to locate where the authorized users are in a residence, and beam-shape an end-fire so the main lobe is directed to their location. that way, they get an optimal signal and everyone else gets barely anything.

Just use netstumbler with gps attached.

buster

« Reply #93 on: August 13, 2004, 11:17:26 AM »
uh...light switch?

Ginatio

« Reply #94 on: August 13, 2004, 11:18:05 AM »
microwave

uh...light switch?

buster

« Reply #95 on: August 13, 2004, 11:21:52 AM »
I wonder if many others have pondered making the switch from electrician to lawyer.  ;)

microwave

uh...light switch?

Ginatio

« Reply #96 on: August 13, 2004, 11:23:37 AM »
probably none. electricians make a good living... and they have a union

I wonder if many others have pondered making the switch from electrician to lawyer.  ;)

microwave

uh...light switch?

buster

« Reply #97 on: August 13, 2004, 11:26:18 AM »
That's why I find it even more remarkable that after studying for four years to become an electrician so that you could wire houses and such you are abandoning that dream.

microwave

uh...light switch?

Ginatio

« Reply #98 on: August 13, 2004, 11:30:27 AM »
i failed the house-wiring test...a few houses went up in flames. lives were lost. fingers were pointed... very tragic.

That's why I find it even more remarkable that after studying for four years to become an electrician so that you could wire houses and such you are abandoning that dream.

microwave

uh...light switch?

buster

« Reply #99 on: August 13, 2004, 11:38:34 AM »
Played a little fast and loose with the dynamic beam-shaping antenna array, didn't you? What did I tell you about using end-fires with the main lobe?

f-in' moron.

i failed the house-wiring test...a few houses went up in flames. lives were lost. fingers were pointed... very tragic.

microwave

uh...light switch?