Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Ga State's fall and Mercer's rise  (Read 3726 times)

yellowdaisy

• View Profile
Re: Ga State's fall and Mercer's rise
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2006, 06:52:11 PM »
I think Mercer and GSU do pretty much the same outside Atlanta. Don't really know about out of state. If you're not from Georgia you should be aware that there are really two Georgias: one in the metro-Atlanta area and then the rest of the state. I grew up in Atlanta and have no intention of returning there after I get my degree from GSU but I love the rest of the state.

Major1

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2006, 12:24:04 PM »
I have recently been accepted off the waitlist at GSU.  Before that I was definitely going to attend Mercer.  I loved everything about Mercer and haven't even visited GSU.  My main concern is employment upon graduation.  I don't necessarily want to practice in Atlanta, but at least in the metro area.  Which school would you choose? I plan to visit soon, as I have only 10 days to decide about Georgia State.  Any suggestions would definitely help. Thanks.     

cesco

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2006, 01:04:08 PM »
I have recently been accepted off the waitlist at GSU.  Before that I was definitely going to attend Mercer.  I loved everything about Mercer and haven't even visited GSU.  My main concern is employment upon graduation.  I don't necessarily want to practice in Atlanta, but at least in the metro area.  Which school would you choose? I plan to visit soon, as I have only 10 days to decide about Georgia State.  Any suggestions would definitely help. Thanks.     

I would definitely visit GSU before you make a decision.  It is a very urban school.  I applied to GSU and liked the idea of living in downtown Atlanta - but changed my mind once I visited (about the school, not the city.  Still love ATL!).  Not bashing the school at all - just saying it was very different than I expected and not the environment for me.
2L