Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Help!! I need an advice~!!  (Read 1018 times)

uwofresh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Help!! I need an advice~!!
« on: August 12, 2004, 04:50:54 AM »
Hi guys, I'm heading in to my fourth yr in my business program at the university of western ontario.
I've been studying for the LSAT for roughly three months now and have scored around 148 on my prep exams thus far..
It's been over a month since I finished my Kaplan program and I don't seem to be
improving in terms of marks..
I'm pretty discouraged cause 148 is definetely not a good enough mark..
I seem to have problem in every aspect, from time management to reading comp...
I'm starting to think whether I'll ever nail the LSAT...because a lot of people told me that 3-4 months of preparing should be a sufficient time to prepare.

My grades thus far have been 80.3%, 82.6%, and 86.5%. I'm projecting that I'll be getting around 86% in my last year. 
What do you think guys? Should I just give up since I'm struggling even after three months of studying?
What should I do?

LS2005

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Help!! I need an advice~!!
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2004, 08:55:55 AM »
Um...assuming you are applying for Cdn law schools, I think based on your GPAs, if you do manage to get really high 150s, (of course low 160s is the better guarantee), your chance of getting into schools like York/Western is pretty good (may be have a chance at UT too based on other factors).  Some ppl may take prep course from 2 different companies if the first one doesn't help them improve much, by then, if your scores still does't improve much, then I'm not sure what else you could do. Oh, one other way is to get private tutoring, letting the instructor target at your weaknesses, though, if you claim that you need improvement in all areas, then taking the full-length course (eg testmasters/powerscore, which are recomm highly by some ppl) may be better options.

good luck

desmo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2004, 01:12:35 PM »
Try accounting.

America's Next Top Lawyer

• Sr. Citizen
  • Free at last!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2004, 02:26:16 PM »
Try accounting.

Ouch, you know thatís not right.

Well I had/have similar problems with the exam. Especially when I started taking it last year. But from my progress this year, I could say that taking a good chunk of tests (earlier ones) untimed to learn the protocol and orientation of lsat passages, games and answer choices, will help improve your understanding. When you improve your understanding of the test, then all you have to do is develop new strategies to arrive at that understanding quicker (under timed conditions).

desmo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2004, 03:19:33 PM »
Sorry, that mean streak comes to the surface every now and then.