Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Waitlisted at USC  (Read 5923 times)

waitlistedeverywhere

• View Profile
Re: Waitlisted at USC
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2006, 02:07:46 PM »
if you look on LSN for last years cycle, it looks like several were accepted off the WL

Bay Area Bum

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2006, 03:17:34 PM »
so i guess there is still hope. 

FootSoldier83

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2006, 05:32:06 PM »
Without any indication as to how they pull students from the waitlist, the entire process seems a bit too arbitrary for my taste.  Nevertheless, I faxed my waitlist response form to them the day I got it...

There seems to be quite a few of us...

tonithetiger

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2006, 06:21:46 PM »
It appears there is a priority wait list, and a normal wait list.  People get taken off the priority wait list before the normal wait list.  I.E.. this late in the game, normal-wait-list folks haven't much chance of getting off.
Scholarship: U San Diego, Loyola LA
Waitlisted: UC Davis, Notre Dame, Fordham, USC
Final Plans: UC Davis! <3 Aggies!

wowand135

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2006, 06:24:58 PM »
who here is on the priority waitlist? i havent heard of that yet.

waitlistedeverywhere

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2006, 10:08:09 PM »
how did you find out about the priority waitlist? i've heard nothing of it, does that mean i'm on the normal one?

HK

• Sr. Citizen
  • One country, Two Systems...
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ZacharyJL
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2006, 12:39:25 AM »
Besides hearsay on this board, I haven't heard about a priority waitlist...can anyone provide anything more concrete?

FootSoldier83

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2006, 09:44:52 PM »
Besides hearsay on this board, I haven't heard about a priority waitlist...can anyone provide anything more concrete?

Unfortunately, yes.  I just spoke with someone who was waitlisted last year.  It looks like she was informed that she would be placed on a "priority" waitlist and one month later was accepted.  The tales are true.

Bay Area Bum

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2006, 10:12:29 PM »
someone on the other USC thread said that their waitlist notice came in a big envelope.  i'm guessing those are the people who are on the priority waitlist, if there really is one. 

waitlistedeverywhere

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2006, 10:23:34 PM »
schools have varied the way they operate waitlists from year to year. just because there was a priority waitlist last year doesn't mean there is this year. for example, ND has used a three tiered system in the past, but this year is grouping candidates into just two groups.

i had read somewhere that someone received what appeared to be a thicker envelope. mine was the same way, and i actually thought it might be an acceptance envelope when i saw it in the mail, but it was just a waitlist with thicker than normal paper and there was no mention of a priority list. i haven't seen any thread where someone has specifically said that they are actually on the priority waitlist, so if the school isn't admitting it, and everyone here has merely said they "heard" about it, then i'm assuming that for now there is only one waitlist.