Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: .  (Read 4694 times)

southerncowboy

Re: X3: Officially the Best Movie of the Summer
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2006, 09:25:46 PM »
Superman Returns and Bryan singer will top x-men, albeit, this was a great movie but you could notice the directorial change.  juggernaut had th efunniest line in the movie and shadowcat was hott.  stood in line four hours for the midnight showing.

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2006, 11:24:38 PM »
halle was PERFECT for the Storm role!

Do you really believe in free speech, or just in speech you agree with?

corbabe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2006, 11:16:33 AM »
definitly a sweet movie, I wish there would have been alittle more action though.  TWO THUMBS UP!

Billy Pilgrim

• Sr. Citizen
  • I am a pillar of salt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2006, 01:24:28 PM »
So will there be an X4?

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2006, 01:25:09 PM »
120M in one weekend?  you can almost guarentee it!

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2006, 02:43:11 PM »

Yes! For some reason every time I saw him in the cartoon I always pictured James Earl Jones. The choice for Rogue was bad, but I was initially disappointed with the casting choice for Magneto too. Ian McKlellen (sp?) is a good actor, but I definitely was not expecting a wrinkled old man to play the part.

The best casting choice they made by far was professor X. I guess someone else will be playing him in the next movie. And why are there no sentinels? Was that just part of the cartoon? I thought they were supposed to be around too. That would definitely step things up.

They weren't ready for Apocolypse and they bet not try to bring him in if there is an X4. 

120 million in one weekend was based on the hope that they would stick with the comic.  Now that we can see they haven't, expect a lower turnout if there is an X4.  If you didn't know anything about the comic strip then it was a good movie, but a good portion of that 120 mil was straight comic book fans.

Also, as far as Magneto, I think they did a good job casting ol' dude to play the part b/c you have to consider that Magneto is a survivor of the Jewish concentration camps...in World War 2...so even by comic book law, he must be at least 50 years old.
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

M DOT

« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2006, 04:27:07 PM »
i though sir ian ?? was a gret choice for magneto, and they did show a sentinal in the begining of the movie when they were training....there were sentinals in the comic version during the mid 90's when the cartoon was at it's height.

so am i the only one that hopes to catch re-runs of the cartoon when im up early enough on saturday morning? that and spiderman and when i'm really lucky the batman series from early-mid 90's

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2006, 04:28:24 PM »
i though sir ian ?? was a gret choice for magneto, and they did show a sentinal in the begining of the movie when they were training....there were sentinals in the comic version during the mid 90's when the cartoon was at it's height.

so am i the only one that hopes to catch re-runs of the cartoon when im up early enough on saturday morning? that and spiderman and when i'm really lucky the batman series from early-mid 90's

theres hardly any good cartoons on on saturday these days

just a few hours

used to be 3 -4 chaneels, from like 7-12

what happened to that?

M DOT

« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2006, 04:33:18 PM »
no clue and yeah saturday morning cartoons are horrible nower days regardless of the fact that i'm not in the target age group, a shame a shame

Billy Pilgrim

• Sr. Citizen
  • I am a pillar of salt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2006, 09:54:01 PM »
I used to love that old cartoon, lol.  Wolverine was awesome in it.