;

Author Topic: .  (Read 4607 times)

favor24

• The countdown begins...
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: X3: Officially the Best Movie of the Summer
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2006, 06:29:23 PM »
I finally saw the movie yesterday and it definately didn't disappoint me.

I was a little surprised that Rogue did take the "cure" and give up her powers-but I guess the story line pointed to it.
Glad Halle came to the forefront- they definately broke from the cartoon but it was still a good movie.

The chess pieces definately looked metal- or could at least be assumed to be.  If you blink at the wrong moment you will miss the move.

My son went and saw over the hedge and he loved it.

Now I'm  waiting for Pirates of the Carribean.
Every obstacle presents an opportunity to improve our condition.

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2006, 07:10:58 PM »

Miami Vice is going to be good. 

This would almost be a definite 100% yes with Michael Mann at the helm, but Colin Farrell suffers from the Ben Affleck syndrome - no respect.  Don't know if even the great Mann can pull off casting Colin Farrell as 80's icon Sunny Crockett.
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

TruOne

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm still standing. . .I'm still here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2006, 11:11:21 AM »
Oh God. . . X3 was such a big disappointment.

The special affects were tight, no complaint there.

But the story was lackluster to say the least.

1. When did Pyro become one of the most powerfullest mutants in Magneto's clique? He was always on the "Blob's" level as far as lameness went. Plus that cat is supposed to have a cockney accent!

2. Cyclops went out like a straight female dog. (BUt he is one) I kno, I kno, everybody hates Cyclops, but you mean to tell me that we couldn't at least SEE the leader being killed? All we saw were his dumb sunglasses.

3. Rogue is now the most useless person in the movie. She sucked in X1 and X2, but now without ANY powers, she is essentially useless. She is officially the *Krillin* of X-men. At Jubilee could blind you and @#!* up yer DVD player. Rogue just sits there and cries about Bobby.

4. Was it me, or did Storm get her ass kicked all throughout the movie? By a Newbie at that!

5. Ok. . . Wollverine can have his ENTIRE flesh RIPPED away from his boddy, and he'll heal instantaneously? Didn't it take that fool like 5-10 minutes to heal from a gunshot wound in the second movie? And didn't Sabertooth royally whoop that ass so bad in the first movie that Cyclops and Storm had to drag his uncounscience body back to the Mansion? That scene really pissed me off b/c it went completely against the other two movies.

6. Jean Gray/Phoenix is the most powerfullest mutant in the Movie. . . .but she dies of a stab wound? (But Jean Grey wanted to die) Sure, but the PHoenix couldn't heal itself  . . . .from a stab wound?

7. Juggernaut isn't a mutant, and he doesn't have an accident.

8. Angel just looked really gay. He came to the mansion in New York, but then he suddenly appeared JUST IN TIME to save his falling father in Alcatraz, which is in L.A. Does this cat have a rocket booster in his wings or can he just fly at 700MPH?

9. There will be no X4, this is it for the X-men Trilogy

10. From the way they screwed everybody up in this movie, Gambit will probably be a Magician who can fly and read thoughts.

* the one thing that stopped me from asking for a refund was when Juggernaut said his line!!! I stood up and cheered in the theater!
Warning: Educated Black Man

University of Law '09

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2006, 11:19:49 AM »
LOL!  Alcatraz is in San Francisco but yeah you're right.  Its still NY to CA.

They should have portrayed the Phoenix as the actual fire bird from the comics and cartoon.  I was expecting that after they ended part 2 showing it underwater...but oh well.

And yes, Storm was getting handled there for a minute.

I got a question for everybody, did cats in your theatre start cheering when Magneto finally got stabbed? 
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

Andromeda

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2006, 02:26:33 PM »
Oh God. . . X3 was such a big disappointment.

The special affects were tight, no complaint there.

But the story was lackluster to say the least.

1. When did Pyro become one of the most powerfullest mutants in Magneto's clique? He was always on the "Blob's" level as far as lameness went. Plus that cat is supposed to have a cockney accent!

2. Cyclops went out like a straight female dog. (BUt he is one) I kno, I kno, everybody hates Cyclops, but you mean to tell me that we couldn't at least SEE the leader being killed? All we saw were his dumb sunglasses.

3. Rogue is now the most useless person in the movie. She sucked in X1 and X2, but now without ANY powers, she is essentially useless. She is officially the *Krillin* of X-men. At Jubilee could blind you and @#!* up yer DVD player. Rogue just sits there and cries about Bobby.
* the one thing that stopped me from asking for a refund was when Juggernaut said his line!!! I stood up and cheered in the theater!

I didn't want to spoil the fun for those who hadn't seen it, but honestly, I completely agree with you.

I was pretty dissapointed...I guess I had my hopes a bit too high after reading some online reviews.

Billy Pilgrim

• Sr. Citizen
  • I am a pillar of salt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2006, 02:35:33 PM »
It was disappointing to say the least.  What did they do to Rogue?  And Mystique?  If there is an X4, I hope to hell that they find another director.

M DOT

« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2006, 04:34:05 PM »
im glad im not the only one, and i really dont see mystique flipping on magneto or him leaving her there when she was shot....rogue was by far the biggest dissapointment of all three series

Special Agent Dana Scully

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2006, 07:48:23 PM »
im glad im not the only one, and i really dont see mystique flipping on magneto or him leaving her there when she was shot....rogue was by far the biggest dissapointment of all three series

The first thing they did wrong with the character was cast Anna paquin to play her.  NO BUENO.

But...her punking out and taking the cure wasn't all that unexpected.  I remember from the series that she always complained about not being able to touch ppl.  (In the same vain, Cyclops was a wuss in the movie the same waqy he was in the cartoon).
Columbia 3L

TruOne

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm still standing. . .I'm still here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2006, 08:10:49 PM »

The first thing they did wrong with the character was cast Anna paquin to play her.  NO BUENO.

But...her punking out and taking the cure wasn't all that unexpected.  I remember from the series that she always complained about not being able to touch ppl.  (In the same vain, Cyclops was a wuss in the movie the same waqy he was in the cartoon).

Nah. . .Cyclops was a G in the cartoon and ESPECIALLY in the comic. Wolverine knew better than to step to Jean while Cyclops was within 100 feet of both of them. They just stripped Cyclops of an testicular fortitude in this movie and gave them all to Iceman.

He is not supposed to be that responsible and dependable! He is supposed to be the goof-off and unreliable person that Wolverine is/was.

ah hell, in the next movie I bet Wolverine is going to take on Apocalypse and save the world all by himself.

Hollywood ruined X-men for me. . . .
Warning: Educated Black Man

University of Law '09

M DOT

« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2006, 09:19:29 PM »
yeah rogue was resentful of her power b/c it did limit her as far as human contact but she never ever would have given it up and was always on the front line, especially in the cartoon, but celie you are soooo right in saying that ol' girl was the wrong choice for the role, i feel the same about halle playing storm but eh whats done is done....

i damn near forgot about apocalypse, now adding him could have def helped out the movie. has anyone ever thought that he would have been black if he weren't a super being/god/alien whatever kinda like panthro from thundercats?? i dunno maybe it's b/c they were both blue, i feel the same about beast