Law School Discussion

2Lacoste

• Johan Santana for President
    • View Profile
Re: X3: Officially the Best Movie of the Summer
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2006, 06:18:17 PM »
[SPOILER ALERT]

Quick question for those who saw it already.  At the end, when the supposedly "cured" Magneto sits playing chess, we see the piece move untouched.  But what's that about -- chess pieces are not made of metal, normally!

2Lacoste

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2006, 06:25:29 PM »
That shorty with Magneto who was f-ing up Halle was damn sexy.  She could get it. 

And think about when Wolverine was on top of Jean Grey/Phoenix.  I was like yo, if they smash, that'll probably be one earth shattering O she'll have...

2Lacoste

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2006, 06:30:53 PM »
Magneto had a chess board in the second movie with plastic pieces when he was in his plastic prison. I don't remember any chess board in the first movie. I was also wondering about that, because I wouldn't expect metal chess pieces, and it wasn't easy to tell if it was him moving it with his powers or flicking it.

TITCR.  That last Magneto scene made no sense.  The post-credits scene made plenty of sense given Professor's lecture to the students in class earlier in the film.

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2006, 08:05:04 PM »
Magneto had a chess board in the second movie with plastic pieces when he was in his plastic prison. I don't remember any chess board in the first movie. I was also wondering about that, because I wouldn't expect metal chess pieces, and it wasn't easy to tell if it was him moving it with his powers or flicking it.

TITCR.  That last Magneto scene made no sense.  The post-credits scene made plenty of sense given Professor's lecture to the students in class earlier in the film.

Why did it make no sense?  I assumed that the pieces were metal...thus the reason he could move them.  The cure is not permanent.

playaj

• AOL Instant Messenger - jonb8305
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2006, 08:32:01 PM »

TITCR. That last Magneto scene made no sense. The post-credits scene made plenty of sense given Professor's lecture to the students in class earlier in the film.

Why did it make no sense? I assumed that the pieces were metal...thus the reason he could move them. The cure is not permanent.

Exactly, I never expected the cure to be permanent from the gate.

mivida2k

• Do I Really Need to Answer This Question
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2006, 08:42:22 PM »
I was screaming at some kids to shut up at the end of the credits. 

Exactly! Why does that keep happening?!?!
When I went to see this movie the following things happened, as always:
A woman answered her cell phone in the middle of the movie and conducted a loud ass ten-minute conversation. A toddler kept asking questions about every character she saw on the screen. On top of that somebody's baby was crying every other second.

And this sh*t ALWAYS happens. Somebody needs to research this. What is it that makes somebody think that at climax of the movie, "I should call my boyfriend right now"? Why would you bring a hungry 12 month old baby into a movie theater and expect them to sit quietly for two hours? I really, really don't get it.

I went to the first showing on Friday.  I expected the kids to be in school.  Parents had their two year olds (crying during the movie), teenage boys talking throughout the entire movie, tons of six year olds getting up every ten seconds.  The brotha next to me kept his son straight except for the loud sipping of ice.  If the movie is PG-13 parents please leave your kids at home.   >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( 

The only time that I have had a quiet audience was the midnight showing of Star Wars (yes I am a Star Wars nerd).  All cell phones were turned off and no one spoke because they feared that someone would kill them with a light saber (literally).   ;D ;D ;D

To All You Grey's Anatomy junkies did you notice that McSteamy is in the movie?

Sands, you always stay for the end credits.  8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPhGi0...%203%20end

Anyone see The Da Vinci Code yet?  (Back to my reading....)

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2006, 09:50:42 PM »

To All You Grey's Anatomy junkies did you notice that McSteamy is in the movie?

Sands, you always stay for the end credits.  8)

Anyone see The Da Vinci Code yet?  (Back to my reading....)

Yup, I noticed McSteamy from jump!
I saw Da Vinci...was ok until the last 5-10 mins.  Again, Iam McKellen killed the movie--love him!

2Lacoste

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2006, 11:53:13 PM »

Why did it make no sense?  I assumed that the pieces were metal...thus the reason he could move them.  The cure is not permanent.

Metal chess pieces?  Get outta here.  That makes no sense.

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2006, 05:02:37 PM »

TITCR. That last Magneto scene made no sense. The post-credits scene made plenty of sense given Professor's lecture to the students in class earlier in the film.

Why did it make no sense? I assumed that the pieces were metal...thus the reason he could move them. The cure is not permanent.

Exactly, I never expected the cure to be permanent from the gate.

You could clearly see that the chess pieces were made of some type of metal, because some were shiny and some were tarnished.  And I'd have to go back and look again but I don't think his finger overlapped the piece that moved from the camera's perspective.

Didn't Magneto and Prof. X play chess at the end of the first movie when X went to visit him in the plastic prison?  One of my favorite parts of the movie was where Pyro started talkin bad about Prof. X and Magneto had to check him right quick like fool, you better ask somebody about prof. X before you start talkin reckless.

M DOT

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2006, 05:13:26 PM »
was anyone dissapointed with X3??

i was thrown with the explanation of the pheonix (used to the cartoon version) and that jauggernaut was just another mutant but is supposed to be prof. x's brother (step of half, cant remember) and like somebody else said, rogue is wack as hell in the movie she used to set it off in the comic & cartoon versions.

i dunno i just felt that 1 & 2 were better portrayals of the comic & cartoon although storm finally got the shine she deserved in 3