Law School Discussion

They could be cleaning toilets but they're still the second highest paid major (Forbes). They must be doing somthing.....

Okay, I think we're diverting a bit, let's get some things straight first. If I remember correctly, we started out with Law, Medicine and engineering being the most stable careers. Then you threw in the bit of Chemical Engineering being the 2nd highest paid. Does the fact that they are the 2nd highest paid jobs coming out of college make it the most stable career path, I think not!!!

It could be the highest paying job when you come out of college, yeah, with very few people getting these jobs, they better be paying them pretty well. It still doesn't make it a very stable career path over IT, you can work in IT for more than 10 years and you have the flexibility to move up and lateral however you wish, but it's not that easy in Engineering. Sorry, we have to agree to disagree on this one.

I don't think they are doing too much right, infact I would advise anyone to go with an IT degree over a chemical engineering degree anyday, but that's just me.

THE BLUE SWEATER

• Home of the Blue Sweater
    • AOL Instant Messenger - kingofzamundaa
    • View Profile
    • Email
I advise people to do what they enjoy a lifetime is a lifetime.

You're killing me man, this has got nothing to do with doing what you enjoy doing. We're wondering why there are so few African Americans in IT/Bus/Consulting jobs.  But you are right, maybe AAs just don't enjoy IT.

THE BLUE SWEATER

• Home of the Blue Sweater
    • AOL Instant Messenger - kingofzamundaa
    • View Profile
    • Email
I know but its funny watching you get mad ;D Seriously though. While what you say may be true black kids were raised with the belief that doctors, lawyers, and engineers are the big three. When you first pursue a career you dont have the experience someone like you has so they primarily go off of social influences.

What makes you think I'm mad?!?!?!??!

I just love a good debate is all, and I love it when people come correct when they argue with me also.....It takes a lot more than this to get me mad, but alas, you couldn't have known this.....No?

Yeah, I guess they go off social influences, but like I mentioned, my best bud in college was an AA guy. This friend of ours was also AA and we all took the same classes and graduated from the same program. I also know of a few other AAs through acquaintances who majored in IT related majors. But like I said, this is one to chew on.