Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: We're going to law school in the best f-ball conf in the country.. SEC bound '09  (Read 985 times)

MustangAlum

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
Go Gamecocks...

The visor goes no worse than 8-4 in his 2nd season. Bowl win = 9 win season... 3rd year with recruits in place, Spurrier makes a run for the SEC-East title.

What SEC-bound law students are ready for this fall? Anyone know about their different ticket options as law students?
SMU Undergraduate '05
Univ. of South Carolina Law '09

cyberrev

so.... you're transferring to a big-12 school?   :D

damn it, i don't *want* to have to root for arkansas.  their coach's name is *nutt* for god's sake

MustangAlum

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
Yeah, the Big XII is by far #1. A certain 1-loss team SMU drilled (cough: TCU) last year beat the 2nd best team in the Big XII (cough: OU). I had enough CUSA-level football for 4  years <note sarcasm>

SEC had a down year in '05 and Georgia, Alabama, Auburn, LSU, and Florida were all still ranked Top-15. Last year the ACC and Big Ten were better top-to-bottom.

I like some Big XII teams, but there is no parity in the Big XII.. and top to bottom there is no weaker division on either side of the SEC. Much better competition, much better talent. Helluva lot better rivalries.

Arkansas will be fun man.. they're kind of the redheaded step-child of the SEC. Came in as a top-dog in their conference (SWC) and couldn't really compete that well in the SEC.. but they still pack some punch and pull off upsets every once in awhile. They should at least make a bowl this year.

Get ready to call for the hogs. And oh yeah, expect a major @$$-kicking from the Gamecocks in Columbia.  8)
SMU Undergraduate '05

jakeb1881

• Sr. Citizen
  • The board's newest Commodore
    • View Profile
    • Email
For the purposes of this thread, does Vanderbilt count as an SEC school? ;)
Attending:  Vanderbilt Law Class of '09

GPA: 3.67
LSAT: 166

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=jakeb1881

somniferum

• Sr. Citizen
  • Papavar somniferum
    • View Profile
How about that SEC baseball tourney? ;)

the prince

• View Profile
    • Email
I'm going to the SEC, but not planning on going to football and basketball games.  Am I the only one who used to make fun of the grad students who suddenly became big fans? 

MustangAlum

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
Kruddler, I will laugh at you if you're at the Cotton Bowl because your team won't be there.  :o

Tech hang 70 on Spurrier. Yeah Right. Maybe if he faced him 10 times. Why don't you try scoring more points against Alabama than Ole Miss did? After all, Ole Miss had an incredible offense.. I know, I know -- Tech was worn out from that rough out-of-conference schedule and that brutal rivalry game against 4-7 Oklahoma State (how does it feel to be someone's lone conference win??).

Tech went 9-2 last year because they played Sisters of the Poor, Brothers of the Blind, and the JV Squad from the Hunstville jail last year. And couple that with the Big XII being incredibly down even for the Big XII. If Tech played a decent OOC in 05, Tech is 8-3 or 7-4.

Tech will be in the Alamo Bowl. They will face Penn State. And again they will fall. Get your guns up... now point them at your head.  8)
SMU Undergraduate '05

MustangAlum

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
I'm going to the SEC, but not planning on going to football and basketball games.  Am I the only one who used to make fun of the grad students who suddenly became big fans? 

Grad students painting themselves and acting obnoxiously is one thing. But I don't see any harm in tailgating and taking in some great football every weekend. Why not support the athletics of the school you're at?

SMU will always be my team.. but c'mon man, after that for 4 years?! And yes -- I went to every frickin home game, I deserve something else haha.
SMU Undergraduate '05

rjaonhinn

• View Profile

Grad students painting themselves and acting obnoxiously is one thing. But I don't see any harm in tailgating and taking in some great football every weekend. Why not support the athletics of the school you're at?

SMU will always be my team.. but c'mon man, after that for 4 years?! And yes -- I went to every frickin home game, I deserve something else haha.

ouch...I went hs right down the road from smu and Im pretty sure my hs fielded a better football team most of the time

WildBill

• View Profile
    • Email
GEAUX TIGERS!!!