Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Scholarship Questions  (Read 284 times)

Water

• View Profile
Scholarship Questions
« on: May 25, 2006, 01:34:48 PM »
I put a seat deposit down at one of my schools while waiting to hear from some others. My accepted school offered me a scholarship and needs to know if I will accept it. My question is: If I take the scholarship am I bound to go to this school in the fall?

greengrl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Scholarship Questions
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 07:29:38 PM »
I put a seat deposit down at one of my schools while waiting to hear from some others. My accepted school offered me a scholarship and needs to know if I will accept it. My question is: If I take the scholarship am I bound to go to this school in the fall?

this will vary from school to school. I was in a similar situation and just asked for an extension to decide if I would accept the scholarship funds. consider what your odds are of getting in at the other schools. ask for an extension and at the very least ask if acceptance of the scholarship is considered binding. i don't think it is, i think it's more of a courtesy though b/c there are people who could use those scholarship funds if you are not going to take them

Water

• View Profile
Re: Scholarship Questions
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 08:43:32 PM »
Thanks for the advice. I think i'll ask for an extension while I await a decision.