Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How many PrepTests are you taking to prep for June 12th?  (Read 475 times)

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
How many PrepTests are you taking to prep for June 12th?
« on: May 24, 2006, 03:50:17 PM »
I have 37 PrepTests and am planning to do about one a day until the exam.  I'm currently about halfway through...

What about the rest of you?
SLS '10 and now working.  PM me if you want to get in touch!

dusya4

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: How many PrepTests are you taking to prep for June 12th?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 04:09:31 PM »
I've completed approximately 30 already and plan to take maybe 5-6 more before the test. I also started going over the exams I haven't reviewed from the last of the 10 Actual books, specifically I'm redoing the logical reasoning and reading comp sections.
All you need is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure.
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=XYHA4

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 05:16:08 PM »
Which ones are you taking?  I'm doing all three of the PrepTest books, and then 41-48.

heatherm

• Sr. Citizen
  • Go Gators!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 07:44:46 PM »
I've taken 12 so far and I plan on taking 13 more, including 6 from the newer tests (43 or higher).  I did the tests from the powerscore weekend course book and I'm almost finished with tests 19-28 from the More, Actual LSAT book. 

coffeeismylifesource

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2006, 07:51:35 PM »
I've taken 8, and I plan to take 5 more before the test day. My prep course instructor, as well as my pre-law advisor, both agreed that it is not good to take tests daily. On the off days I am going through and reviewing a question type each day. EX: Monday-LR Flaw, Tuesday-Games Matching, Wednesday RC Main Point, Thurs Exam, etc.

The final week I will be taking an exam every other days and reviewing all question types on the off days.

Hank Rearden

• LSD Obsessed
  • Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2006, 08:02:33 PM »
I dont know about taking tests daily, but you need to take lots of tests to improve your score.

I've taken 23 or 24 so far, and I'll probably take about ten more before test day.   
CLS '10

The appropriateness of Perpetua would probably depend on the tone of the writing.  When I used it, I (half playfully) thought the extra space made the words sort of resonate.

sunfunliving

• Sr. Citizen
  • My baby in Haiti....Tamarah
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - sunfunliving
    • View Profile
    • :) Study Guide Info :)
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2006, 08:47:04 PM »
The important thing is to strictly time yourself and to take tests with at least four sections in one sitting to build stamina.

The other thing that is SUPER important is to review the test in detail so that you don't make the same mistakes again and again.

Vera :)
LSAT - The PERFECT Study Plan (2,4&6 Month PrepGuide) - ask me about it! :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=013&item=230036283031&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2006, 10:01:02 PM »
I've taken 8, and I plan to take 5 more before the test day. My prep course instructor, as well as my pre-law advisor, both agreed that it is not good to take tests daily. On the off days I am going through and reviewing a question type each day. EX: Monday-LR Flaw, Tuesday-Games Matching, Wednesday RC Main Point, Thurs Exam, etc.

The final week I will be taking an exam every other days and reviewing all question types on the off days.

I guess it's different for every person, but I have found that taking at least 5 timed tests a week has really helped my mental stamina, concentration and confidence.  I used to really dread taking a full-length 4-5 section LSAT in one sitting and was always counting down how many more questions I had left, etc., but now, it's become almost second nature.

It may sound crazy, but I'm trying to train myself to perform under any circumstances come test day, which means taking these tests even if (and especially when) I'm tired, sleepy, hungry, bored or just unwilling to sit through the test.  I don't want to do well in practice only to bomb on test day because I didn't get enough sleep, was stressed out or felt sick...although I will take a few days of rest in the week before the test.

Miyabi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2006, 10:33:43 PM »
Currently I've taken about...21 or so, and I plan to take 43-48 before test day, so that'll be 27 tests total. 27.75 if you count the whole need to throw in the experimental to build stamina.

I personally think you need to take at least three tests a week to get the stamina thing in. I don't feel so strung out after doing them over and over again at least three times a week. After that, just the one is nothing.

I've managed to sit through sections where my eyes were hurting or at one point, my neck was freaking killing me. Granted, I'm hoping that's not happening on the actual tests, but the fact I can still pull a score in the 160s under such conditions makes me feel a bit confident.