Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSAT nightmares  (Read 7623 times)

dusya4

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
LSAT nightmares
« on: May 24, 2006, 10:14:38 AM »
It's not the first time I'm having dreams/nightmares about the LSAT. I start solving problems in my sleep and just can't get them done and then I wake up totally freaking out. Given that I have to be up by 6am for work, it sucks!
Anybody else having 'em?
All you need is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure.
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=XYHA4

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
Re: LSAT nightmares
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 11:16:11 AM »
I had a dream where I was taking it in a drafty little room.  We were all sitting around one table like you used to do in kindergarden.  It was all noisy and the sections were like half the time.  Then I realised it was just a dream. 
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

paigeroo

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 08:00:38 AM »
Oh! I have one!  I dreamt that I woke up at 12:59 for the 12:30 June LSAT (don't ask why that's just what my clock said peeps!  ???)  I didn't have a car and my test was at one of the major universities in the area so I ran 8-10 blocks, and for some reason I was wearing a pink and grey stripey legwarmer and matching headband motif complete with a 1980's style headphone set- playing Olivia Newton John's "Let's Get Physical."

I finally arrived at the testing center and everyone told me there was no proctor and I should just grab a test and have at it.  I woke up before I received my score but I predict it was high...  who wouldn't be in an academic zone after listening to Olivia Newton John wearing legwarmers in June   :D ;D

RochelleD

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 05:07:10 PM »
Dude,
I am right there with you. I think it is fairly common. The LSAT haunts our dreams! I actually am typically doing formal logic and logic games and can figure them out.....I have lost hours of sleep over it! I found that not studying right up until the time I go to bed often helps. I usually try to read something else or watch a movie, maybe take a hot shower...this helps me unwind so to speak.

Blowingchances

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2006, 09:57:18 PM »
I dreamed about a week after taking the test that I was taking it again, and I was on the games section which was usually the one I didn't finish in time.  My little brother was 12 again and asking me question after question and wouldn't shut up.  Finally I brushed him off and had answered about 4 questions when they said "5 minutes left."  I furiously guessed the rest and when they called time I said "@#!* this *&^%" and whipped my test on the floor, knowing I would have to cancel the score.

himay

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2006, 10:07:25 PM »
The last three nights, I've dreamed about the LSAT, but Sunday night was the worst.  I had to retake the exam...in Afghanistan.  It actually made the test itself a little less stressful because you had to travel through a warzone to get to it.  But then when I was there, I had forgotten my pencils and my timer, and I was freaking out.  I was also sick, and everyone was loud.  The test was being administered by nuns, and people were so rowdy it was nearly riot-like.

Then at the end, I cancelled the test because I couldn't focus.

Monday night, I dreamed I got my score and it was one point below my retake threshold, and I was so upset.  Then, I got another email which said the first was just practice and I really got a 173 :)  I prefer to believe the latter will be true!

I can't imagine what will be in store for me tonight

JenJ

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2006, 11:55:47 PM »
I took them last October and had trouble with the games. I practiced so much that I stayed in a half-sleep state much of each night prior to the test. I was doing logic games in my half-sleep!

smile

• 168/3.5
    • View Profile
    • For the love of God, someone accept me!
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2006, 11:28:19 AM »
It wasn't a nightmare, but friday night I did a complete LSAT in my dreams.  I think it helped warm me up  :)

sierrahotel

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2006, 02:35:04 PM »
I have never dreamt of the LSAT. I'm probably not cut out for law school.

sillygoose

• View Profile
things flew
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2006, 05:32:55 PM »
Two nights before the test I dreamt that my writing sample flew away multiple times. I'd chase it around the room and each time I'd bring it back it would fly away again. Once it flew on top of the protor's head. The proctor was William Shatner. I screamed out of frustration and woke myself up. Bizzare. Luckily, nothing flew away on Saturday.