Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: IU-Indianapolis vs. Denver  (Read 833 times)

dhk105

• View Profile
    • Email
IU-Indianapolis vs. Denver
« on: May 23, 2006, 11:52:50 AM »
Both schools have similar reputation, location, and rankings and this is driving me crazy b/c the 2nd deposit for both schools are due soon and I haven't even decided on which school I'll go this fall nor am I even tilting towards one school over the other. Both have a higher ranking law school within the state(University of Colorado and Indiana Bloomington), they are both located near the city, they are both ranked in the 70s or so etc.
I'd appreciate some piece of advice

amaizinbluechick19

• View Profile
Re: IU-Indianapolis vs. Denver
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 12:17:25 PM »
Would you rather practice in Indiana area or Colorado?  If they are both ranked similarly and they are both regional, you'd really have to go with the one closest to where you'd want to work...
Accepted: IU-Bloomington ($), Case ($$), American
Waitlisted: ND, Wash&Lee
Rejected: Northwestern, GWU, UNC

dhk105

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 12:34:43 PM »
I read threads after threads about how Denver grads get jobs relatively easily in CO. How is it in Indianapolis. anyone know?

latinlord

• Sr. Citizen
  • ME... Litigating at the Indiana State Court house!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - latinlord
    • View Profile
    • myspace profile, "come and say hello"
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 07:09:21 PM »
I read threads after threads about how Denver grads get jobs relatively easily in CO. How is it in Indianapolis. anyone know?

\

The same way!! Indiana- Indianapolis has a monopoly in indianapolis, the state capital and it is the only law school in that state capital. More grads are employed here than Indiana bloomington and Notre Dame (which most of those ivys go to Chicago I hear). Not only that, we also have good rep with other locations in the midwest b/c Indiana University is such a well known school. Tough choice, did you visit both schools?? Indy was just built in 2001 and is incredible new and nice. (I probibly have bias b/c i am currently attending there) but still like the last poster said, go where you want to work. Hope to see ya here all the same!
Graduated from Indiana Law - Indianapolis!!
Was a 3rd year Visiting Student at Villanova University School of Law.
Graduated from Temple University Beasley School of Law - LL.M in Trial Advocacy Candidate 2010
 Published by Chicano/Latino Law Review of UCLA LAW. & I'm a Licensed Esq. NOW!

rory245

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006, 09:44:01 AM »
it's not a question - DU
my mom is from indianapolis and i am from denver, so i know both of their reps.  du is so f-ing respected in denver... ALSO... DENVER IS A WAY BETTER PLACE TO LIVE.  you will make more $ and it's a nicer city. 
i don't really think you even have a decision here.

jer

• LSD Obsessed
  • i likes gold chapstick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2007, 12:28:26 PM »
tag for denver acceptance