Law School Discussion

« on: May 22, 2006, 05:34:03 PM »

Re: Finally got my Harvard rejection
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 05:58:14 PM »
I guess I'm lucky: it only took them two and a half months in my case. I am however slightly pissed at them. I called in April to ask and was told 2 more weeks. 3 weeks later, I called again, and was told 'no decision'. I then asked if it was worth it to send in new material. They said yes. I set it up with a prof to send a LOR, and send them a copy of my certificate (diploma not printed yet). LOR was going to be mailed today, but I received my rejection this weekend. Way to coordinate, HLS.

Re: Finally got my Harvard rejection
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 09:29:59 PM »
Wow...those stories are even worse than Duke, which sent out rejections as late as apr. 24.  I see absolutely no reason why any school would be dealing with rejections that late in the game...I understand a few tough decisions on waitlist/accepts might take until mid April, but not reject/waitlist...  Even then, get your stuff in order.  and PLEASE, PLEASE do not send me a waitlist letter on april 24th and demand my response no later than May 10th or whatever.  You took your sweet a** time...

Just bothers me...like adcoms think they're *really important* or something...  ; )

I guess I'm lucky: it only took them two and a half months in my case. I am however slightly pissed at them. I called in April to ask and was told 2 more weeks. 3 weeks later, I called again, and was told 'no decision'. I then asked if it was worth it to send in new material. They said yes. I set it up with a prof to send a LOR, and send them a copy of my certificate (diploma not printed yet). LOR was going to be mailed today, but I received my rejection this weekend. Way to coordinate, HLS.