Law School Discussion

law school after 3 years

law school after 3 years
« on: May 21, 2006, 05:38:54 PM »
im currently doing my undergrad in canada and as you may know, it is possible to apply to law schools after 3 years of undergrad without necessarily having a 4 year undergrad degree. So i was wondering if there any LS in the states that also allow students to apply after only 3 years under their belt?

pandabones

Re: law school after 3 years
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006, 06:28:35 PM »
im currently doing my undergrad in canada and as you may know, it is possible to apply to law schools after 3 years of undergrad without necessarily having a 4 year undergrad degree. So i was wondering if there any LS in the states that also allow students to apply after only 3 years under their belt?

As long as you will have your degree by the time you will start law school it is not a problem.  In fact, I think a majority of people apply during their last year of undergrad (usually the 4th) with only 3 years done.

jiggedyjared

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2006, 06:30:01 PM »
I know some schools that let you do a 3+3 option, but it requires you to attend the same UG as law school.  So, that probably wouldn't be an option for you.

Buzz619

• I am probably the youngest one in the Revolution
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2006, 08:07:58 PM »
As long as you will have your degree by the time you attend you wil be fine. I did my Ugrad in two years, so when I applied I only had a year and a summer worth of grades.

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2006, 10:07:14 PM »
see thats the good thing about US schools - you can finish your undergrad degree earlier and save some years by fast tracking but in Canada a four year undergrad HAS to be completed in four years (no more no less) because during summer sessions only a limited number of courses are offered (and they are usually the ones that have a high failure rate during sept-may normal school) thus there is possibly no way to fast track

so what I was originally asking was that in Canada students are actually allowed applying after 2 years (meaning they are going into their 3rd year of studies) so it is possible in canada to start LS without a fully completed undergrad degree

but from your responses i guess thats not the case in the US and a UG degree is required 

thanks anyways guys :)