Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: WTF is up with CASE  (Read 1461 times)

rhombot

• Sr. Citizen
  • hanthala
    • View Profile
Re: WTF is up with CASE
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2006, 09:54:26 PM »
hope this doesn't come across as too nasty - i don't intend it to be. but i suspect people who are bothered by the injustice of a law school's behavior in calculating what's in its own institutional self-interest are going to have a hard time grappling with the justice system. and i suspect people who can't be bothered to write a short BS addendum to an application may find it difficult to write up the many BS memoranda, motions and oppositions that practicing lawyers have to routinely generate.
case '09

brownsfan05

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2006, 08:52:33 AM »
Here's advice for the thread starter: If you're upset and have no intention of attending Case, then withdraw.

There are those, like Aut-6 and myself, who are on the waitlist and would actually attend if accepted.  Is it fair for us to lose a spot to fuel your ego trip?  Quite simply, get over yourself, and move on.

Mkay

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2006, 10:13:22 AM »
This is an amusing thread and I thank all who have participated!

I am in agreement with MrRooney.  There is nothing wrong with law schools judging your interesting, especially if people keep decisions open even when they enroll somewhere else which is probably greater of the two evils.

We are also assuming they waitlist (looking for interest) only for yield protect.  Every seat they offer to someone who may not be interested they cannot offer to someone who is actually interested like aut-6 and brownsfan05. 

The discussion should be why the OP has kept his application so long when he knows he is not going there.  When we get into summer associateships, you'll find that NALP forbids this kind of behavior.

Admittedly as a splitter I was curiuos if I would get into some of the schools I applied to, but withdrew from them as soon as I knew I wasn't going to go there.

Also, the application fee pay for them to review your app. and eventually they will give a decision.

Always interesting to hear everyones opinions!  I wonder if general discussions will be like this in law school?  I always get booed when I argue like this with non-law people. ;D

aquafinaisbetter

« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2006, 12:13:28 PM »
This is an amusing thread and I thank all who have participated!

I am in agreement with MrRooney.  There is nothing wrong with law schools judging your interesting, especially if people keep decisions open even when they enroll somewhere else which is probably greater of the two evils.

We are also assuming they waitlist (looking for interest) only for yield protect.  Every seat they offer to someone who may not be interested they cannot offer to someone who is actually interested like aut-6 and brownsfan05. 

The discussion should be why the OP has kept his application so long when he knows he is not going there.  When we get into summer associateships, you'll find that NALP forbids this kind of behavior.

Admittedly as a splitter I was curiuos if I would get into some of the schools I applied to, but withdrew from them as soon as I knew I wasn't going to go there.

Also, the application fee pay for them to review your app. and eventually they will give a decision.

Always interesting to hear everyones opinions!  I wonder if general discussions will be like this in law school?  I always get booed when I argue like this with non-law people. ;D

i didn't withdraw because they had deferred me earlier.  I did not place myself on the waitlist.  i am now withdrawn

greengrl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2006, 10:02:18 PM »

Do you know he had zero interest in going there?  What if they had offered him full tuition plus a stipend?  (Schools do that, you know.)  Why are people breaking this down into black/white terms of interest/non-interest?  Do you really think that grey area semi-interest depending on merit awards is illegitimate?

Exactly. Great point. I would have gone to Case in a heartbeat if they had offered me money. It's definitely not a black/white thing--the purpose of merit based aid is to recruit higher numbers--anyone that thinks it's not is a bit naive

aquafinaisbetter

« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2006, 10:38:46 PM »
so you would think.  apparently people on this board don't understand this concept