Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Senior Year Grades?  (Read 991 times)

bamboomw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Senior Year Grades?
« on: May 19, 2006, 04:46:49 PM »
I hate to Beat a Dead horse.....Thoughts? Questions? Concerns?

mthorpe

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Thorpe429
    • View Profile
    • LSN: My split is going to make me the waitlist king...hopefully one will admit me.
    • Email
Re: Senior Year Grades?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2006, 08:08:30 PM »
i think the general consensus is that if you graduate you are good, or at least don't have straight D's or something.
“He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.”

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=Thorpe429

Mr. Burnz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2006, 10:37:31 PM »
Just pass once you've already been accepted and you'll be good!

BUT remember, if you get waitlisted somewhere, they're gonna want your newest grades.  Having bad grades definitely isn't gonna help you get in!

Da5id

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2006, 12:40:50 AM »
overloaded 4.0

Why do you ask? And why would I be concerned?

bamboomw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2006, 01:55:29 AM »
Hm..Well I am concerned that you may have misread this post.  You can keep your senior year grades to yourself..........I was posting on the importance of senior year grades with respect to admissions status at accepted and waitlisted law schools.  You may keep your "overloaded 4.0" to yourself.  Ass.

Da5id

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2006, 03:05:17 AM »
Hm..Well I am concerned that you may have misread this post.  You can keep your senior year grades to yourself..........I was posting on the importance of senior year grades with respect to admissions status at accepted and waitlisted law schools.  You may keep your "overloaded 4.0" to yourself.  Ass.

Thank you so much for your concern. However I can assure you that you need not be concerned. I believe I read your post quite correctly. I am concerned, however, that you may have misread my sarcasm.......... and next time you may want to make sure that your pivotal question is actually explicit. That will make it harder for me to mock you.

Hope this helps.

(seriously though, no harm meant kid. But your question was lousily vague. FWIW, if you send them a letter telling them your grades, yeah, I'm sure it factors in. If you don't.... dunno, the better minds can answer that.)

bamboomw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2006, 03:44:39 AM »
No harm done.  I did not mean to sound snippy, and the "ass" at the end was completely inappropriate.  My question was vague because there was a recent discussion on how senior year grades influence law school decisions, and the thread was directed at people familiar with that discussion, and similar discussions.  The other two posters had no difficulty understanding my question, and provided helpful advice.  I guess i just didnt find your comments very helpful.  Oh well.  Like I said, no harm done, and I apologize for the hostile tone in my last post.   

krumanadi

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2006, 03:46:58 AM »
Senior year grades dont mean sh!t if you are already in.. Just pass.

Waitlisted schools might ask for grades, so understand that is a possibility.

bamboomw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2006, 03:48:27 AM »
Thanks man.  Congrats on St.  Johns.

bamboomw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2006, 03:49:48 AM »
I am a fellow birdman fan.  Although I must say I find some of the episodes a bit disturbing.  Such as the one where peanut is selling Birdman drugs, and in order for birdman to fund his habit, he must "pull tricks" on the street.