Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Don't forget your ID.  (Read 4307 times)

CaliforniaLaw

• View Profile
Don't forget your ID.
« on: January 30, 2004, 09:14:47 PM »
So, you know how the LSAT booklet reminds you not to forget your ID?  Well, don't forget to bring it.

To relax the day before the December 2002 test, I went to the gym.  I usually just take my driver's license and gym membership card in a clear plastic holder with me.  When I got home, I just threw everything in the washer.  The next morning when the LSAT registration lady asked for my ID, I couldn't find it.  Then I remembered it was in the washer at home.  I wasn't allow to take the LSAT, so I was pretty much drunk by 10 AM at the bar down the street.

Due to going to the gym, I forgot my ID.  Because I forgot my ID, I couldn't sit for the LSAT.  Becasue I missed the LSAT, I couldn't apply for Fall 2003.  Because I couldn't appy for Fall 2003, I had to wait a year for law school.  Therefore, I am never going to the gym again.  ;-)

Andrew

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I just think the thing should work properly."
    • View Profile
    • Andrew Sinclair
Re: Don't forget your ID.
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2004, 07:33:14 AM »
That is truely a horrible story.  When is LSAC going to get with the times and offer retina scanning instead of requiring ID?

Seriously though, I'm surprised they couldn't make some sort of accomodation - remember your face or take a picture and look at your ID later.  I guess that's the first lesson of the law though - procedural rules can always be outcome determinative.

jgruber

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2004, 10:45:04 AM »
I was so parnoid about ID, I took my passport along in case I got a proctor who didn't like my driver's license.

:)

kslaw

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2004, 01:42:55 PM »
I was so paranoid about all of the "basic" instructions for some reason. Was sure that after spending so much time preparing, I'd screw it all up by overlooking the most basic things. so I read and re-read all the directions. stood outside the building and checked for my ID, pencils, admissions ticket, etc, then checked again as soon as I stepped into the building.

When I got there that day, I got caught up in the "proper marks" thing. All day I was erasing around the bubbles to be sure I didn't have stray marks. Then reviewed each section twice when they called "5 minutes". I'm still convinced that I'm going to end up with a 120 because I didn't properly fill in the bubbles. At one point, while reviewing a section, I discovered I'd skipped over an answer and the next 10 questions were all improperly marked on my sheet. Now I'm convinced that when I fixed it, I didn't erase the old answers completely enough and those will all come back as wrong because the machine will read two answers.

drewpac

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2004, 02:51:32 PM »
Yeah I took it in December and the guy seated next to me lost his ID the day before the LSAT.  He brought a bank statement, DWP bill, and his student ID but they informed him just before the test started that he couldn't take the exam.  The guy started crying.  It was pretty horrible.

martinibar

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2004, 04:43:25 AM »
Yeah I took it in December and the guy seated next to me lost his ID the day before the LSAT.  He brought a bank statement, DWP bill, and his student ID but they informed him just before the test started that he couldn't take the exam.  The guy started crying.  It was pretty horrible.

Nearly the exact thing happened at the test center when I took the LSAT in Oct 2002. A guy brought his government issued ID but he was from the middle east so his ID had his picture and his name, except his name was written in Arabic. It was impossible for anyone to actually make sure that the Arabic name matched the anglicized name printed on the list so they said he couldn't take the test. I guess the guy wasn't good with spoken English because the administrators asked him to leave 5 times before they had to write it down for him to read. After he read what was going on he began to sob and plead with the administrators. However, I guess he didn't realize it but he slipped back into Arabic when talking so nobody understood him. He finally stormed out in frustration. Kinda sad to see stuff like that happen 10 feet away and it threw me out of the test taking "zone".

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2004, 04:10:06 AM »
I brought my ID, my current passport, an expired passport, my expired student ID, and some squamous epithelial cells on a Q-Tip.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  i'm very amused  ;D
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

sonofapickle.

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2010, 10:45:04 PM »
so how fat did you get after not going to the gym for all this time?