Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: PEPPERDINE!!! The most beautiful law school :-)  (Read 2481 times)

veganchick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
PEPPERDINE!!! The most beautiful law school :-)
« on: May 18, 2006, 11:51:38 PM »
The last time I posted this - several weeks ago - there were only about 2 other peeps going there... are there more now???
If I don't get off of UCLA's waitlist - this is where I'll be...  Anyone else out there going to Pepperdine?   8)  I'm going to need someone to argue with  ;D
Pepperdine it is.  I'm a sucker for an ocean view.

veganchick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: PEPPERDINE!!! The most beautiful law school :-)
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2006, 10:56:25 PM »
Well, I don't want to be sitting alone in class with no one to discuss cases with  :-[  It's no fun being right 100% of the time.

Thanks for the congrats, Sno  ;)  Feels good that it's down to 2, and outta my control  :o

Looks like it might just be me and the ocean...  :'(

Mr. Burnz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2006, 04:00:30 AM »
Not to be a pooper or anything, but I visited Pepperdine and was fairly unimpressed despite the amazing view! 

I thought it was somewhat secluded and the facilities were old-looking.  And not that I'm one of those meat-heads or anything, but the real dealbreaker was the gym...it's the size of a 3-car garage!  I was also turned off by the whole conservative thing...

It's definitely not the place for everyone, but we're certainly all different!  Enjoy your time there and congrats!!

DrPepperGuy

• Mmmm...Long live the Dr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2006, 01:46:27 PM »
I visited pepperdine and thought it was a beautiful campus (THE OCEAN IS LITERALLY ACROSS THE STREET!) and had a good vibe amongst the students. Enjoy your time there!

veganchick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2006, 04:09:18 PM »
When you look out of the law library window, you not only see a 180 of the pacific ocean - you look down upon a HUGE sporting facility with large fields and tracks - so I'm not sure which little gym you're refering to...  but I would just go jogging around the mountains for exercise - if there will be time for exercise  :-\.  But I agree - it does have the whole 70's thing goin inside the law school itself.  Plenty of places to shag  ;)

And yes - outta my control - if UCLA takes me off of the waitlist - I'm there  :D  But not leaving Pep for anything less  :-*

Still can't believe I'll be the only one in the class of 09  :-[  Oh well - it will be the first time they have a 100% bleeding heart liberal democrat student body - COOL!

veganchick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2006, 02:04:02 PM »
I met two more people (in person) who are going to Pep!  That makes three!!!!  Whooo hooooo!!!  No wonder tuition is so expensive   :D

veganchick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2006, 04:05:02 PM »
any new peeps going? 8)

StevenWiess

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2006, 01:56:41 PM »
I have a friend who got in after his father donated a fairly large amount of money---he scored a 145 on his LSAT...great school indeed  ;)

normaldude

• that's right september lsat
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2006, 02:00:13 PM »
I have a friend who got in after his father donated a fairly large amount of money---he scored a 145 on his LSAT...great school indeed  ;)

Can I be your friend's friend?

StevenWiess

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2006, 02:31:53 PM »

Can I be your friend's friend?

You want to be dumb as dirt and pay your way into law school?  What's mind boggling is the fact that someone would pay to get into a number 88 school ::)