Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Indiana Bloomington v. Case?  (Read 1387 times)

amaizinbluechick19

• View Profile
Indiana Bloomington v. Case?
« on: May 18, 2006, 09:23:56 AM »
I'm in between these two schools... any thoughts? 
Accepted: IU-Bloomington ($), Case ($$), American
Waitlisted: ND, Wash&Lee
Rejected: Northwestern, GWU, UNC

cesco

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Indiana Bloomington v. Case?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 09:30:38 AM »
First question would be - have you visited both schools?
2L

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 09:34:08 AM »
Also, what kind of law do you want to practice, and where do you want to be after law school.

amaizinbluechick19

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 09:47:28 AM »
I've visited Case but not yet Indiana.  I went to undergrad at UM-Ann Arbor and have been told that Bloomington is similar to Ann Arbor (and I loved it there).  I've read a ton about Bloomington and have spoken with friends who went to school there and have heard all positive things.  Living costs are much cheaper at IU, as well, which is a definite plus. 

The only thing is I do want to practice international law, maybe in D.C. or NYC, or the West Coast.  I know that Case is strong in international, but I would consider transferring from either school to go to a higher ranked school in international law.  So I guess another question is, which school is it easier to transfer from?  IUB is ranked #37, and Case is #51. 

I keep going back and forth....  ??? 

mthorpe

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Thorpe429
    • View Profile
    • LSN: My split is going to make me the waitlist king...hopefully one will admit me.
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2006, 10:55:48 AM »
If you're really interested in International Law in D.C. or NYC, why not just go to American?  Will it cost that much more?
“He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.”

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=Thorpe429

amaizinbluechick19

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2006, 12:10:24 PM »
American looked to pricey for me.  I know that it is very strong in international law, but I felt that (and heard) with there being two other great schools in D.C., American is very often overshadowed.  I've withdrawn from there anyway.  If after my first year, I still strongly consider international law, I'd definitely look to transferring.  Any thoughts on transfer chances from IUB or Case?

ecadez

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2006, 09:06:06 PM »
i dont really have anything to say about case, but i just graduated from UM too and i just visited indiana today...it has basically the exact same feeling as ann arbor.  the school isn't as beautiful as UM's law school, but it is really nice.  the campus is also really pretty.  the dean and the students were all awesome. if you liked UM, i cant imagine that you wouldn't like indiana.

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dontreallyknowmuch
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2006, 09:12:48 PM »
Have you checked out my review of IU-B? I visited a few weeks ago and posted pictures comparing them to another school (wisconsin in that case). http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,61917.0.html
quote Stanley J. Watson III
you are doomed in the fated sense, but that's completely irrelevant because that's only from the viewpoint of someone who is not constrained by time. since you are temporal, for all intents and purposes you have the power to change your future

amaizinbluechick19

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2006, 09:32:11 AM »
Thanks so much, everyone, for your input.  Duck, I did see your review and thought it was fabulous.  That's awesome that you took pics and all.  I've pretty much made up my mind to go to IUB -- unless ND or W&L give me the nod, that is.   ;D

so maybe i'll see some of you down there!

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dontreallyknowmuch
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2006, 09:39:39 AM »
Thanks so much, everyone, for your input.  Duck, I did see your review and thought it was fabulous.  That's awesome that you took pics and all.  I've pretty much made up my mind to go to IUB -- unless ND or W&L give me the nod, that is.   ;D

so maybe i'll see some of you down there!

awesome! glad you enjoyed it. hope to see you there! :)
quote Stanley J. Watson III
you are doomed in the fated sense, but that's completely irrelevant because that's only from the viewpoint of someone who is not constrained by time. since you are temporal, for all intents and purposes you have the power to change your future