Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Villanova  (Read 767 times)

Oilguy3

• View Profile
Villanova
« on: May 17, 2006, 08:05:17 PM »
Does anyone know about living in West Chester PA?  I will be attending Villanova and my wife will be working.  How bad is the commute to campus and what are the employment opportunities?  Thanks in advance.

onmyway

• View Profile
Re: Villanova
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 10:35:56 PM »
West Chester is a great town.  Traditionally a college town that is quickly becoming geared towards young professionals.  It has great new restaurants and an artsy kinda vibe that's outside the Philly traffic and congestion.  The commute to and from Villanova can get a little crazy however.  Have you looked more into some of the Main Line towns?
Going back to school - Temple '09

BigRig

• Sr. Citizen
  • Detroit Basketball!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - BTRig12
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 09:37:53 AM »
I live in West Chester, and while nice, would not recommend the commute, especially during 1L when time is so valuable and scarce.  On a side note, a problem with living in West Chester is that there is a slumlord (Zukin Realty) that arguably has a monopoly on the rental units in the Downtown Proper. Dealing with them is miserable. I live in one of the nicest units (and one of few new construction units in the downtown area) and Zukin has made what would otherwise be an awesome experience, a less than favorable one.
Attending FSU.Go Noles!!!

latinlord

• Sr. Citizen
  • ME... Litigating at the Indiana State Court house!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - latinlord
    • View Profile
    • myspace profile, "come and say hello"
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 06:44:06 PM »
I live in West Chester, and while nice, would not recommend the commute, especially during 1L when time is so valuable and scarce.  On a side note, a problem with living in West Chester is that there is a slumlord (Zukin Realty) that arguably has a monopoly on the rental units in the Downtown Proper. Dealing with them is miserable. I live in one of the nicest units (and one of few new construction units in the downtown area) and Zukin has made what would otherwise be an awesome experience, a less than favorable one.

Did you go to undergrad there?? Where you in the prelaw society? I graduated from there in 2005 and lived there since this year on Walnut till i moved to Indy. Anyway like the people have said WC is a great town and the communte isn't that bad, but can take like 45min or so I think. IT is a college town, with the bars always packed. You may or may not like it there, depending exactly you want to live. I recommend moving more toward the country section b/c it is less congeested. The city is small and seems squished together, but that i mean small and tight like Media Pa, if you've every been there. I still miss WCU though a lot of great memories from there and from my PI kappa phi brothers.  ;D
Graduated from Indiana Law - Indianapolis!!
Was a 3rd year Visiting Student at Villanova University School of Law.
Graduated from Temple University Beasley School of Law - LL.M in Trial Advocacy Candidate 2010
 Published by Chicano/Latino Law Review of UCLA LAW. & I'm a Licensed Esq. NOW!