Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Duke question  (Read 8850 times)

joespecial

Re: Duke question
« Reply #80 on: May 22, 2006, 02:00:41 PM »
Has anyone else heard anything today?

FWIW, I've decided not to go, on the remote chance I get accepted. The window of opportunity has passed.

slojo

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 22, 2006, 02:37:18 PM »
jackdeut-- i assume you had compelling reasons to get the dean to agree to a 5pm reponse deadline.  did he make any reference (however oblique) to when they expect to finalize the summer class?  i guess, as reynolda has pointed out, they won't be full for sure till June 1, but it seems ridiculous to keep us all on the hook till then.

somebody on this thread's gonna get lucky, i'm sure!

Stephon Devante

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: May 22, 2006, 02:38:26 PM »
I hope they let everyone know by today at 5pm... also, on the other Duke Waitlist thread, ^_^ said that they received an email about summer slots open... I wonder if this is a second batch of emails going out?
Paradiso: Vanderbilt ($$), UNC ($$), Wake Forest ($$$$), William & Mary ($$)
Purgatorio: Duke (WL), Northwestern (WL)
Inferno: Texas, Michigan, Penn, Cornell, Virginia

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?&cycle=0506&user=sdevante

slojo

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 22, 2006, 03:03:25 PM »
I noticed that and directed her to this thread.  I'm still of the mindset that only one batch of emails went out (to the entire waitlist) last Wed. and that ^-^ was late to post here on this topic.  But of course this is just more speculation.

jackdeut

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: May 22, 2006, 03:21:46 PM »
I really don't know why he would give me a deadline other tna he wantedto think my DWI sitation over with the commitee. I have said I am interested in the LLM, which seems to be the program they are recrutiing for this round. I really wish these guys wouldnt have thrown a monkey wrench into my plans. I was stoked to go to Cali and dednt need the outside distractions.

jackdeut

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: May 22, 2006, 03:24:54 PM »
Oh yeah. ALso when I was emailed later by the dean he indicated I was on the short list and that might be a reson why I am being contacted later today. The

doublec

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 22, 2006, 04:51:10 PM »
I have been checking this all weekend, to see if people have gotten off the waitlist.  I talked to the Dean about 10 minutes ago and he said that the summer class is pretty much full.  He made it sound like there are a few people he needs to get an answer from but other than that the class is full.  He also said that someone could drop out and a space could open up.  So some of you might get a call today but for the rest it is fall or somewhere else.  Good luck to everyone. 

tttt

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 23, 2006, 05:49:27 AM »
Oh yeah. ALso when I was emailed later by the dean he indicated I was on the short list and that might be a reson why I am being contacted later today. The

So? What happened?

Stephon Devante

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: May 23, 2006, 10:55:44 AM »
Just received the royal f-off letter from Dean Hoye... summer program is full.
Paradiso: Vanderbilt ($$), UNC ($$), Wake Forest ($$$$), William & Mary ($$)
Purgatorio: Duke (WL), Northwestern (WL)
Inferno: Texas, Michigan, Penn, Cornell, Virginia

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?&cycle=0506&user=sdevante

buju

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #89 on: May 23, 2006, 11:07:46 AM »
Was that in response to a letter that you sent, or did it appear to be a general letter to everyone who asked to be considered for the summer program?