Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Duke question  (Read 9024 times)

goinCRAZY

• View Profile
Re: Duke question
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2006, 01:45:03 PM »
Well, I don't think this kind of admission is for the risk-averse. You just have to close your eyes and leap.

still i'd like to take a parachute ^^ ...and notice how I'm not getting any work done...

queencruella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2006, 01:47:40 PM »
Good luck. Are you an original JD/LLM applicant like me who hasn't heard anything? I was in Japan for two years and was hoping to focus on East Asian law as well, but now I'm off to another school that has nothing related to East Asian studies. I also find it a bit annoying since a lot of people who have applied for the program in the first place have actually lived/worked abroad, while some of the people they are asking haven't shown any interest in the area. 

joespecial

« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2006, 01:47:54 PM »
I know I am not doing any work at all either. Every time I think about this whole thing my mind and my stomach go crazy.

In a way I'm kind of dreading getting accepted, it will be so much drama.

tttt

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2006, 01:56:59 PM »
Good luck. Are you an original JD/LLM applicant like me who hasn't heard anything? I was in Japan for two years and was hoping to focus on East Asian law as well, but now I'm off to another school that has nothing related to East Asian studies. I also find it a bit annoying since a lot of people who have applied for the program in the first place have actually lived/worked abroad, while some of the people they are asking haven't shown any interest in the area. 

Good luck to you, too. Yes, I am an original JD/LLM applicant, and yes, I haven't heard a peep from them (except to say they received my LoCI). To be honest, I didn't think I had much of a shot to begin with, so it won't be a total shock if I don't get in.  :'( Still, I would really like to think they are considering applications beyond the numbers. I'm probably dreaming. Maybe I fell asleep without realizing it.

queencruella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2006, 02:04:23 PM »
Thanks. I have a lot of obligations the next few weeks that I can't cancel now, so I'm out of the running. Nonetheless, it's a bit frustrating to think that a school would stick you on a WL without any real intent of going back to look at your application. I think my numbers are the lowest on the WL on LSN, so I really had no hope!

joespecial

« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2006, 04:41:08 PM »
Well it's 4:40pm Duke time... has anyone heard anything? Anyone gotten in? Anyone heard about anyone getting in?

wclegal

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2006, 04:46:30 PM »
40 min. ago, this person on LSN changed their status to being accepted off the waitlist.

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=naralara

Another person also got accepted off the waitlist on LSN over an hour ago, but apparently withdrew. 

The number had been 198 admitted...now it's at 200. 

kapstone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2006, 05:01:15 PM »
FYI - The call I got from the Dean wasnt until after 5, so there is still time!  Anyone with a Cohen 'tar deserves to go to any school he/she so choses. 
Hopefully more Sam Seaborn than Richard Nixon....

joespecial

« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2006, 05:02:19 PM »
Hm yeah naralara might go... that is her highest ranked acceptance by far.

queencruella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2006, 05:13:01 PM »
I don't know. She got into Cornell with money and turned it down. I wouldn't say that Duke is better than Cornell "by far."