Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Duke question  (Read 8913 times)

joespecial

Re: Duke question
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2006, 12:14:47 PM »
Well... I just re-read Allison's email and it does say, "we will likely be taking mostly JD/LLM candidates."

SHRED OF HOPE !!

Stephon Devante

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2006, 12:16:37 PM »
I put multiple programs that I was interested in, so we'll see if I effectively hedged my bets... or made myself look like an indecisive tool. haha
Paradiso: Vanderbilt ($$), UNC ($$), Wake Forest ($$$$), William & Mary ($$)
Purgatorio: Duke (WL), Northwestern (WL)
Inferno: Texas, Michigan, Penn, Cornell, Virginia

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?&cycle=0506&user=sdevante

reynolda

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - fashunista4ward
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2006, 12:28:14 PM »
yeah, you all may still have a chance.

that email was in response to a call i made-- because of my study abroad mess i really needed to know if i should go forth with the process of pulling out early... and told her that i NEEDED an answer about the availability of the MA. 

i responded that i would still take a spot if they could find one for me (by some miracle), but that this was good to know.  i've since told everyone to stop trying to get me out of Ireland early... though it was almost worked out anyway. 

good luck to everyone else! :)
i like complicated :)

goinCRAZY

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2006, 01:25:21 PM »
Has anyone gotten any indication of yay or nay yet? I can't focus at work and its driving me NUTS. Good luck to all of us..

tttt

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2006, 01:29:31 PM »
Has anyone gotten any indication of yay or nay yet? I can't focus at work and its driving me NUTS. Good luck to all of us..

Tell me about it. It's 2:30am over here (Asia) and I've been obsessively refreshing LSD's "unread replies" for over 3 hours now.  :(

joespecial

« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2006, 01:31:12 PM »

I haven't seen anybody get in yet on here. I just really hope they let people know today. If they put this off till Monday it's not going to work.

queencruella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2006, 01:31:21 PM »
I hope it works out for you, tori. Are you living in Japan now? What part? Would it be hard for you to move in the next two weeks if you have to?

goinCRAZY

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2006, 01:40:41 PM »

I haven't seen anybody get in yet on here. I just really hope they let people know today. If they put this off till Monday it's not going to work.

EXACTLY! I was hoping to visit the school if I get accepted. If Duke wants the candidates to seriously consider their offer, they should get back to us by today. Otherwise, they are just going to get a bunch of people who might find out that this really isn't for them and pull out of school three months later. Duke really is a top choice for me but Id' like to know what I am committing to before I jump.

joespecial

« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2006, 01:42:52 PM »
Well, I don't think this kind of admission is for the risk-averse. You just have to close your eyes and leap.

tttt

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2006, 01:44:22 PM »
I hope it works out for you, tori. Are you living in Japan now? What part? Would it be hard for you to move in the next two weeks if you have to?

Thanks. I hope so, too. I was in Japan (Kyoto) for a long time. I'm actually in Korea (Seoul) now.  ;) If they contacted me soon I would happily create a way to get back in time. (Even though it would be hellishly expensive and a massive headache, not to mention ruining a lot of plans, breaking a housing contract, and pissing off my mom who just bought a $1K+ ticket to come visit me in June... and I've already put down a deposit for another school...) I really really genuinely want to do the JD/LLM, focusing on East Asian law. I will be incredibly disappointed if they give all the spots to people who never gave it a second thought before, only because they had a few more GPA/LSAT points.