Law School Discussion

Duke question

Re: Duke question
« Reply #70 on: May 19, 2006, 03:40:03 PM »
haha i just noticed that icould get messages on here. Im not what you call computer literate. Yeah i think that souds liek a proposition ill take u up on. How is the Dublin experience treating u?

« Reply #71 on: May 20, 2006, 11:19:45 AM »
naralara, from LSN, accepted the offer an admission and as the big "A" next to Duke on LSN

« Reply #72 on: May 20, 2006, 12:38:42 PM »
naralara, from LSN, accepted the offer an admission and as the big "A" next to Duke on LSN

has anybody heard anything directly from duke?  or is spectulation about naralara the best we got?

d1111

« Reply #73 on: May 20, 2006, 04:26:58 PM »
i think this person heard good news:
"Any thoughts on WUSTL vs. Duke? I just graduated from Duke undergrad. Duke Law's acceptence offer would require that I go back down to Duke on June 1st in order to start working on my Masters (in public policy) and then start Duke Law in the fall. I don't mind the dual degree mandate from Duke- so the  extra courseload would not be an issue. However, I am from NYC and I would like to work here after law school, but in public interest. I know WUSTL has a very strong public interest program, but would Duke make up for that in prestige? Durham, is Durham, I've been there for four years already, but is St. Louis really going to be a huge improvement? I need help making a decision asap!"

my guess is that they accepted a few people into the program friday and are waiting to get definite decisions from these people.  the rest of us can only hope they won't accept.  though it wouldnt be the first time im completely wrong about the mysterious ways of ls admissions.

« Reply #74 on: May 21, 2006, 10:26:53 AM »
grr.  i love that the dean told ME (on the day after the email went out) that the public policy program was FULL.  how nice of them. 

« Reply #75 on: May 21, 2006, 06:20:31 PM »
grr.  i love that the dean told ME (on the day after the email went out) that the public policy program was FULL.  how nice of them. 

Reynolda... it is full... the person of whom d1111 speaks of took the last spot.

Lol.

:) USC is quite lovely I hear

« Reply #76 on: May 22, 2006, 04:37:30 AM »

Reynolda... it is full... the person of whom d1111 speaks of took the last spot.

Lol.

:) USC is quite lovely I hear

oh i have no doubt it's now full lol :).  and yeah... i hear the same.  who'd want to live in durham anyway, right?   8)

« Reply #77 on: May 22, 2006, 06:31:34 AM »

I don't think there's any definite indication that the person on that other thread was actually *admitted* to the pub pol program, is there?  Could just as easily be someone wondering if it is [was?] worth showing any interest.

« Reply #78 on: May 22, 2006, 09:12:02 AM »

I don't think there's any definite indication that the person on that other thread was actually *admitted* to the pub pol program, is there?  Could just as easily be someone wondering if it is [was?] worth showing any interest.

Yeah, that's probably most likely.  Everyone on the thread treated the situation as if the person HAD been given and offer and he/she made no move to correct them... however, I'm guessing he/she probably thought what most people did when opening the original email-- that there was a definite shot for admission to any of the programs that started in summer.

Ah well, anyone else heard anything back?  I'm assuming the dean/office won't notify us of 'rejection' until after the 1st when they definitely have the class full... though hearing one way or the other before that would certainly be nice. 

« Reply #79 on: May 22, 2006, 10:56:29 AM »
I talked to the dean earlier in the day and he said he would get back to me by 5 oclock my time. I am not entirely sold on doing this over USC either. I like the llm program. but USC also has a bad ass one with the London School of Economics. It alos seems liek the job prspects would be just as good for me at both. I like california and texas (where I am from) and it seems taht either degree will let me go to either place (it is uspposed to help being a texas native here). Oh well we will see, I had to talk to him about my DWI earlier in the day, what a thrilling conversation!