Law School Discussion

Duke question

joespecial

Re: Duke question
« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2006, 02:20:10 PM »
You're right, it's not. My eye must have missed Cornell. I wonder why she turned it down. I wish the b*tch would just go to Cornell already and let us have the space at duke...

« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2006, 02:25:03 PM »
looks like she might have wanted to stay in texas?  or been afraid of the cold (valid concern!) :)

« Reply #62 on: May 19, 2006, 02:31:35 PM »
Hey I was wondering where everyone was sitting score wwise that is waiting on this reply from Duke. I saw that both of the applicants that had been accepted had a 166 and over a 3.75. I have a 165 and a 3.9. I was wondering where this might put me in this scrum of a last ditch efforts to get a full class over the summer.

« Reply #63 on: May 19, 2006, 02:33:32 PM »
Apparently the madness has started... still nothing here...166/3.97

joespecial

« Reply #64 on: May 19, 2006, 02:35:54 PM »
looks like she might have wanted to stay in texas?  or been afraid of the cold (valid concern!) :)

Yeah that is what I'm worried about... it would make Duke a good choice for her.

« Reply #65 on: May 19, 2006, 02:36:42 PM »
Um, she's at IU-Bloomington, so the cold doesn't make sense. Austin is a fantastic city though, so I can see her wanting to go there. It does, however, rule out any chance I had of getting in since I went to IU-B. Oh well, I can't go this late in the game anyway. I'm probably the lowest on the WL anyway- 165/3.5

« Reply #66 on: May 19, 2006, 02:40:05 PM »
It is nice to know alot of other people are in the same boat. I ahve been planning on attending USC, btu this has just caused a monkey wrench in the old plans. I wish they could have given us some figures and an accurate timeline for all of this since we have to basically make our decision today. For example, I would like to plan for a few days of druknken debauchery before my law school ordeal, but now I might have to wait until orientation to start my festivities. I know, this is a highly proplexing problem, but somebody has to do it. ;)

« Reply #67 on: May 19, 2006, 02:41:41 PM »
hah, jack-- i hope you find the time for that!  if you do end up at usc let me know and i'll partake pre-orientation there with you :)

i just called the office, it seems to be vacant- or at least no one is answering the phone. 

also, 166/3.8

« Reply #68 on: May 19, 2006, 02:47:09 PM »
Cool sounds like a plan. WHere r u coming from and planning on staying if this doesnt work out?

« Reply #69 on: May 19, 2006, 03:29:59 PM »
jack, i pm-ed you, in an effort not to make this un-duke related.  then again, perhaps we should spite duke by taking over the thread.  ;D