Law School Discussion

Duke question

Re: Duke question
« Reply #120 on: May 23, 2006, 12:45:48 PM »
I just think it's underhanded to ask people not on the summer waitlist about the summer program. Earlier in the season, people on here emailed admissions about the summer WL, which had a small group of people. Most of us in that topic (can't remember what it was right now) naturally thought that the school would be pulling from that group.

magnumalv

« Reply #121 on: May 23, 2006, 01:16:14 PM »
I had a horrible experience with Duke and I was accepted... they were rude and condescending. I definitely got the "we don't need you, you need us" vibe in SPADES.

« Reply #122 on: May 24, 2006, 03:10:43 PM »
Anyone heard anything?

buju

« Reply #123 on: May 24, 2006, 07:50:59 PM »
I eventually got the same letter as everyone else.  Aparently they sent them out one at a time.  I guess someone at Duke didn't have much work to do and decided to try to make sending that email into an all-day project.

Is it safe to assume that chances of getting into the summer class were much better than getting into the fall class?  If so, I guess not getting a spot for the summer indicates that I should give up all hope for the regular waitlist.

« Reply #124 on: May 24, 2006, 08:22:51 PM »
I'm going out on a limb and saying chances were better for the summer waitlist than fall, and our chances are approximately .00000000001% of getting in a this point.  :-\