Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Are we allowed Ear Plugs during the LSAT?  (Read 1541 times)

naomi

• View Profile
Are we allowed Ear Plugs during the LSAT?
« on: May 17, 2006, 10:53:40 AM »
Hey,
I heard some horror stories about pep rallies, and construction and all sorts of noise going on while people were writing the LSATs so I was wondering if we were allowed to bring in ear plugs. I usually study with ear plugs when I'm doing practice tests and was hoping to take some in to the exam. Does anyone know anything about this?

Naomi

Sooner

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Are we allowed Ear Plugs during the LSAT?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 01:33:43 PM »
So maybe it would be a good idea not to study with ear plugs, either. Acclimate yourself...there will be noise that you will have to ignore.
The University of Chicago
The Law School

mco12321

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 05:58:02 AM »
Yeah - earplugs aren't allowed.  Do some research - try to get in touch with people who have taken the LSAT recently, and ask them where they've taken it, opinions, etc.  You might consider going down to some of the testing centers and seeing the room for yourself.  I know a few of the law schools that serve as test sites will allow you to see the testing room (usually some type of lecture hall, classroom, etc.)
http://www.linerider.com  - best way to kill time (even better than LSD).

Little D

• Sr. Citizen
  • WOOOOOO PIG SOOIE
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (I'm strictly liable)
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 07:49:27 AM »
I used to work on airplanes in the Air Force and I got a triple flange ear plug stuck in my ear...
They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

Do it now!!!!
http://www.defconamerica.org/

sunfunliving

• Sr. Citizen
  • My baby in Haiti....Tamarah
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - sunfunliving
    • View Profile
    • :) Study Guide Info :)
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2006, 10:18:33 AM »
NO - you are not allowed to use earplugs.

Vera :)
LSAT - The PERFECT Study Plan (2,4&6 Month PrepGuide) - ask me about it! :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=013&item=230036283031&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

JayDee/P-Head

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2006, 11:00:40 AM »
I'd say the best approach is to do practice tests in a noisy environment.  This forces you to hone your ability to focus under less-than-optimal conditions.  That ability should help you out during the test, one way or another.

albertgates

• MSN Messenger - albertgates@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (Entrepreneurship, Undergrad Student, Aspiring Lawyer)
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2006, 04:50:50 PM »
Here's the altest rules off the LSAC admissions ticket. No where does it say earplugs are not allowed. I know that previous verions HAVE said that ear plugs are not allowed. Did they have a change of heart?

Test Supervisors are authorized to DISMISS candidates from the test center immediately if they disregard LSAT test regulations, including but not
limited to the following:
1. Do Not Bring cell phones, pagers, or backpacks into the Test Center. They are not allowed. Cell phones may not be used during the Break. No
beeping watches or timers with multi functions are allowed.
2. No head sets, or electronic, photographic, or recording devices are allowed.
3. No large handbags are allowed. Handbags must be small enough to fit under the desks. Candidates must not access handbags during the test.
4. No books, papers of any kind, or calculators are allowed. (Scratch paper will be provided at the test center for the Writing Sample portion of the test
only.)
Test Supervisors are not required to provide storage at the test centers for test takersí personal items. LSAC and testing staff will not be responsible for test
takersí personal items.
My Blog (Entrepreneurship, Undergrad Student, Aspiring Lawyer)
http://howardsun.blogspot.com

muffin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2006, 06:34:24 PM »
Here's the altest rules off the LSAC admissions ticket. No where does it say earplugs are not allowed. I know that previous verions HAVE said that ear plugs are not allowed. Did they have a change of heart?

Test Supervisors are authorized to DISMISS candidates from the test center immediately if they disregard LSAT test regulations, including but not
limited to
the following: ...

(Emphasis added)

Page 13 in the pdf of the LSAT & LSDAS Information Book (available at http://www.lsac.org/LSAC.asp?url=lsac/download-forms-guidelines-checklists.asp) lists ear plugs as a prohibited item, so I'm pretty sure this is one of the non-explicitly stated prohibition to which the admission's ticket alludes .

albertgates

• MSN Messenger - albertgates@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (Entrepreneurship, Undergrad Student, Aspiring Lawyer)
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2006, 08:17:28 PM »
Perhaps, but I'm still gonna bring some just incase. You never know. hopefully my proctor's lenient:)
My Blog (Entrepreneurship, Undergrad Student, Aspiring Lawyer)
http://howardsun.blogspot.com

cyberrev

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2006, 09:33:35 PM »
no.

aliens might be beaming you the answers through the earplugs.

dare you to call and ask if buttplugs are allowed during the test