Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Dubya shows the love  (Read 20334 times)

jgruber

Dubya shows the love
« on: August 11, 2004, 09:08:29 AM »
Bush and McCain aren't afraid to show they care

buster

Re: Dubya shows the love
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2004, 09:37:14 AM »
It looks like some sort of televangelist laying-on-hands event.

Bush and McCain aren't afraid to show they care

jgruber

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2004, 09:39:26 AM »
It does.

John seems to want more out the relationship than George does.

buster

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2004, 09:47:43 AM »
I don't know about that; McCain appears to me to have a bit of a gritted-teeth thing goin' on.

It does.

John seems to want more out the relationship than George does.

WULaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2004, 10:00:03 AM »
Joe Scarborough was in the crowd cheering for Bush.  He hosts a political show on MSNBC.  I don't think he would consider himself a journalist, but something still seems wrong with that.

jgruber

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2004, 10:02:08 AM »
He has to do that to counteract the pervasively liberal press  ;D

Joe Scarborough was in the crowd cheering for Bush.  He hosts a political show on MSNBC.  I don't think he would consider himself a journalist, but something still seems wrong with that.

buster

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2004, 10:06:09 AM »
You offer no proof. I will continue to give Scarborough and MSNBC the benefit of the doubt as well as assume that the media is indeed pervasively liberal.

How are you liking my ZAP impersonations?

He has to do that to counteract the pervasively liberal press  ;D

mmc126

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2004, 10:57:12 AM »
Hi, Lurker here.

I was in the audience at that event in Pensacola, FL yesterday.  Scarborough was there primarily because he is a former Congressman representing Pensacola.  He is a notable figure in the Pensacola community.  Sure, he was supporting Bush, but I think he was there more because of his ties in the community.

jgruber

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2004, 11:10:07 AM »
It wasn't a community gathering; it was a partisan assembly for which you must have tickets.

Hi, Lurker here.

I was in the audience at that event in Pensacola, FL yesterday.  Scarborough was there primarily because he is a former Congressman representing Pensacola.  He is a notable figure in the Pensacola community.  Sure, he was supporting Bush, but I think he was there more because of his ties in the community.

mmc126

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2004, 03:52:53 PM »
I didn't say it was a community gathering.  I know you had to have tickets to attend.  What I was saying was that Scarborough was only there because it was a rally in Pensacola.  If it were in Tallahassee he wouldn't have been there.