Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Ask a Homosexual  (Read 43995 times)

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Ask a Homosexual
« Reply #400 on: May 27, 2006, 04:25:43 PM »
"Heterosexual lust is not a necessary element of the desire to have children or a family."

Here is where we disagree.

How?  You really think that most people want to have children because they like having heterosexual vaginal intercourse?  It's absurd.

I'm not particularly interested in these other topics, but you may want to look back at the beginning of the thread for other people's responses to related questions.  I'll just answer that I think that homosexuality has the same origins as heterosexuality, whether they are environmental or genetic.  And I don't particularly care which.
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #401 on: May 27, 2006, 04:25:50 PM »
dbgirl, they're gorgeous! 
Thank you. I think so too.
When you have somebody dying because they are poor and black or poor and white or because of whatever they are ... that erases everything that's great about this country.

-TMcGraw

http://www.wm3.org/splash.php

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: May 27, 2006, 04:27:21 PM »
Do male homosexuals prefer male children to female children when adopting?

Is it the opposite for lesbians?

I had never heard this.  I know gay men with boys (only one family) and lots of lesbians with both boys and girls.  I think, given the fact that it is very common for women (single mothers, for instance) to be primary caregivers to both male and female children, women might have less of the anxiety Odaiko describes about having children of one sex or the other.  And Odaiko, I don't think you should worry too much.  Plenty of women who are helpless in sports and such have reared perfectly butchity little boys. You would do just fine. 
The lesbians I have known who have had children have had female children. Of course those were biological children, and this is anectdotal, FWIW.
I also agree with the bolded part of Miss P's statement. That is because I have good reason to believe that one's personality largely determined at birth (I know this is a controversial point of view, but if you knew my daughters you would understand why I feel that way).

wait, you have kids?!?!?!

ive flirted with you, and you have kids?!?!?!?!?!

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooo
Do you really believe in free speech, or just in speech you agree with?

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #403 on: May 27, 2006, 04:29:00 PM »

I had never heard this.  I know gay men with boys (only one family) and lots of lesbians with both boys and girls.  I think, given the fact that it is very common for women (single mothers, for instance) to be primary caregivers to both male and female children, women might have less of the anxiety Odaiko describes about having children of one sex or the other.  And Odaiko, I don't think you should worry too much.  Plenty of women who are helpless in sports and such have reared perfectly butchity little boys. You would do just fine. 
The lesbians I have known who have had children have had female children. Of course those were biological children, and this is anectdotal, FWIW.
I also agree with the bolded part of Miss P's statement. That is because I have good reason to believe that one's personality largely determined at birth (I know this is a controversial point of view, but if you knew my daughters you would understand why I feel that way).

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooo
Yes. And amazingly I have a man too!
When you have somebody dying because they are poor and black or poor and white or because of whatever they are ... that erases everything that's great about this country.

-TMcGraw

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #404 on: May 27, 2006, 04:30:16 PM »

Perhaps you intended to flirt with my little girls instead?

-TMcGraw

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: May 27, 2006, 04:30:50 PM »

but i can work around that, but kids?!?!?!?!?!

sigh, im sorry sugar, but its just not meant to be.

i know ive gotten your hopes up, but im just not daddy material.

unless shes 25 and dressed in a catholic school girl outfit, THOSE girls cac call me daddy!!!

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #406 on: May 27, 2006, 04:33:52 PM »

but i can work around that, but kids?!?!?!?!?!

sigh, im sorry sugar, but its just not meant to be.

i know ive gotten your hopes up, but im just not daddy material.

unless shes 25 and dressed in a catholic school girl outfit, THOSE girls cac call me daddy!!!
And to think. This morning I broke up with my boyfriend for you.  :'(

-TMcGraw

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: May 27, 2006, 04:37:51 PM »
sigh, if only i had known, i would have toned down my sexiness!!!

another girl, ruined.

sigh....

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #408 on: May 27, 2006, 04:41:26 PM »

another girl, ruined.

sigh....
Ruined? Wow, I used to think you were nice.
Well I've never had any problems finding boyfriends. I'll do fine without you blue.

-TMcGraw

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: May 27, 2006, 04:46:33 PM »

another girl, ruined.

sigh....
Ruined? Wow, I used to think you were nice.
Well I've never had any problems finding boyfriends. I'll do fine without you blue.

thats the spirit, you brave girl!!!

and btw, yes, there cute now, but, wait til their 16

and the boys start calling.

boys like me

bwuahahahahahahahahahahaha