Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Ask a Homosexual  (Read 42871 times)

finally

Re: Ask a Homosexual
« Reply #80 on: May 17, 2006, 09:13:05 PM »
Is there such a thing as "curious-dar"?

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 17, 2006, 09:17:09 PM »

you dont strike me as the curious type....
Do you really believe in free speech, or just in speech you agree with?

finally

« Reply #82 on: May 17, 2006, 09:18:39 PM »

you dont strike me as the curious type....

I'm not; sorry to disappoint u.   but I was curious. . . ;) :D

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 17, 2006, 09:21:40 PM »
 ::)

finally

« Reply #84 on: May 17, 2006, 09:23:25 PM »
::)

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahaha!   :D ;) :-*

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 17, 2006, 09:48:48 PM »

I've always thought that was like when your gaydar goes off but the pieces don't quite fit. My friends call it "sketch factor."  ;D
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

HK

• Sr. Citizen
  • One country, Two Systems...
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ZacharyJL
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: May 17, 2006, 10:26:15 PM »
Ok, other random questions for the day:

What about a person's appearance and behavior distinguish him/her as being gay, thus triggering "gaydar"? Why do even people who are in the closet send off gaydar alarms? (This is fact. I can vouch for it.)

The idea of gaydar makes me question the "nurture" idea of sexuality, because if sexuality is naturally ambiguous (which is what I believe), and if it's just our society that forces us into tidy binary categories, then why is there such a clear definition between people who do exhibit "gay" behaviors/apperance and those who don't? (To buy this like of questioning, I guess you need to buy the fact that gaydar exists and is accurate.)

Sorry. Apparently I'm full of questions for other homosexuals! But would love to hear responses.

For me, it is all about non-verbal responses, mostly eye contact.  I've found that gay men are more likely to look me in the eye than are straight men, or maybe it is that they are willing to hold the contact for a longer period of time.  Straight men treat me as I treat women, they look at me and immediately dismiss me as a potential mate.

I have a question myself:  what would you like straight people to know about gay people?

I think you make a good point. In every country you need to modify the gaydar a bit, however, it's the eye contact that remains the same.

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #87 on: May 17, 2006, 10:35:47 PM »
I'll take these, too.

Do gay men/women have a hard time going to the public bathrooms in front of people they are interested in or significant others?

In news that will surely disappoint some of you, women don't generally go to the bathroom in front of other women.  And no.

What % of gay men do anal? I've heard it's lower than most think, and does that... work for the recipient?

I can't answer this question.  But I do count myself lucky that a lot of lesbians "do anal."  And it "works" for me.

Certain words that also mean homosexual are used as insults towards straight men and even objects.  Are you or others offended when you hear others use "gay" or "fag" as an insult towards straight men?

I think it is more embarrassing for them than it is offensive to me, but yes.  And it's occasionally funny.

I admit I'm naive Miss P. I didn't know lesbians "did anal."  The things I learn on LSD.

OK on the anal sex note ... do people switch between top/bottom (sorry I'm not that familiar with the terms), or is one person generally on the bottom? One of those questions I've always wanted to ask but am usually too shy.
When you have somebody dying because they are poor and black or poor and white or because of whatever they are ... that erases everything that's great about this country.

-TMcGraw

http://www.wm3.org/splash.php

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 17, 2006, 10:40:13 PM »
and im sure the bottom benefits from the reach around

gotta love the reach around...  ;D

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #89 on: May 17, 2006, 10:42:15 PM »
I have very poor gaydar so I cannot contribute a lot to this discussion. Straight guys stare at me for some reason and the whole thing is just too confusing.

I've probably stared at a few pretty lesbians ... I guess I'm thinking 1)She doesn't look gay (I know, shame on me for stereotyping and 1)Well, if I were a lesbian, I'd go for a pretty one like that.

However, I guess that's about as far as my "sketch factor" goes.
When you have somebody dying because they are poor and black or poor and white or because of whatever they are ... that erases everything that's great about this country.

-TMcGraw

http://www.wm3.org/splash.php