Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Ask a Homosexual  (Read 45162 times)

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Ask a Homosexual
« Reply #370 on: May 26, 2006, 01:33:46 PM »
Black nails, huh?

What about skinny jeans?

Ran into a friend of mine about my age (which is older than most of you) on the train this morning, and she was rocking this look, deep brown (not black) short nails, long sheer tee, skinny jeans, ostentatiously scuffed designer flats, and I almost laughed.  But she did look kinda cute.
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: May 26, 2006, 02:14:14 PM »
Miss P,
What's so hard about resigning?
To me, there isn't a better feeling in the world than saying "See Ya!"

Good point!  It does feel really liberatory.  And almost everyone knows I'm going, so it probably won't be a big deal.  But I love my job, the work, (most of) my supervisors, nearly all of my colleagues. It's going to be a very tough spot to leave.

do they give you nookie breaks?

id prefer those over coffee/smoking.
Do you really believe in free speech, or just in speech you agree with?

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: May 26, 2006, 02:41:26 PM »
Good point!  It does feel really liberatory.  And almost everyone knows I'm going, so it probably won't be a big deal.  But I love my job, the work, (most of) my supervisors, nearly all of my colleagues. It's going to be a very tough spot to leave.

They don't give them, but I've been known to take them on occasion.
And I don't smoke during the day or hang out by the coffee machine, so I figure I deserve a little gratification or stimulation on my own terms.

I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: May 26, 2006, 02:44:27 PM »

They don't give them, but I've been known to take them on occasion.
And I don't smoke during the day or hang out by the coffee machine, so I figure I deserve a little gratification or stimulation on my own terms.

:)

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: May 26, 2006, 02:57:49 PM »
(snip)

and I almost laughed.  But she did look kinda cute.

See, that's my fear!  Cute, but funny/incongruous too.  Pegleg pants are so middle school for me.

I'm sure in your case it's 100% cute.  You are, after all, one of my secret LSD crushes. 
And the fact that you know to call them pegleg pants -- ah! *Swoons*

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #375 on: May 26, 2006, 05:35:32 PM »
Genius!  I couldn't imagine better news to start the weekend.

posnerd

• Sr. Citizen
  • f' off Dworkin
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: May 26, 2006, 10:56:08 PM »
Why do some homosexuals, who by definition do not wish to engage in heterosexual sex, desire to have children, whom are typically created by said action?

Angelina1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 26, 2006, 11:03:41 PM »
Why do some homosexuals, who by definition do not wish to engage in heterosexual sex, desire to have children, whom are typically created by said action?

Well, i won't presume to hijack the role of resident expert here; instead, I will pose a counter-question: why do so many heterosexuals have sex, which biologically is for the purpose of making children, when they don't want children?
Michigan Law Class of 2009

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 27, 2006, 12:22:12 AM »

Well, i won't presume to hijack the role of resident expert here; instead, I will pose a counter-question: why do so many heterosexuals have sex, which biologically is for the purpose of making children, when they don't want children?

Yes, why do you want to eat* souffles that you don't care to learn to cook?  Why do you want to drive* cars that you haven't yourself learned to manufacture, or even fix?  Why do you want to take advantage* of medical advances that you haven't yourself even investigated?  etc.

No offense, but this just seems like nonsense to me.  Is it really the fact that heterosexuals are able to produce children through their sexual intercourse what legitimates their family choices?  What about people with fertility and health problems?  What about people who adopt for religious and moral purposes? 

*not that I am advocating eating, driving, or taking advantage of children.

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 27, 2006, 12:36:27 AM »
ur still awake???  ;)