Law School Discussion

Ask a Homosexual

finally

Re: Ask a Homosexual
« Reply #360 on: May 26, 2006, 10:42:39 AM »
I would like to proclaim today (Friday), as Honor Our Non-Gay-Identified Supportive Brothers/Sisters/Trans No Racial Assumptions Day. I think while we are remembering the Veterans, it is even more timely to remember these people.

Can I take a half-day?  I am envisioning a nice mani-pedi before the rain sets in.  I may even try a new color to memorialize the occasion.

lol, by all means the toes have to look right on this day!  

Hybrid Vigor

• prestigious
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: May 26, 2006, 10:43:05 AM »
I would like to proclaim today (Friday), as Honor Our Non-Gay-Identified Supportive Brothers/Sisters/Trans No Racial Assumptions Day. I think while we are remembering the Veterans, it is even more timely to remember these people.

Can I take a half-day?  I am envisioning a nice mani-pedi before the rain sets in.  I may even try a new color to memorialize the occasion.

What color?? May I suggest OPI's Kinki in Helsinki

Miss P

• View Profile
« Reply #362 on: May 26, 2006, 10:49:15 AM »

I have never seen KIH before, but I like the name! I am a Got the Blues for Red (formerly Malaga Wine) gal in general.

Also, Bonkers, I would love to see the look on my boss's face as he read this thread.  Perhaps I'll enclose it with my resignation letter if I can't muster the nerve today.  :D

Miss P

• View Profile
« Reply #363 on: May 26, 2006, 10:50:17 AM »

Oh, you and toes...  ;)

finally

« Reply #364 on: May 26, 2006, 10:52:12 AM »

Oh, you and toes...  ;)

LOL, I couldn't resist the shout out to blueb   :D :D

Hybrid Vigor

• prestigious
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: May 26, 2006, 10:52:33 AM »

I have never seen KIH before, but I like the name! I am a Got the Blues for Red (formerly Malaga Wine) gal in general.

Also, Bonkers, I would love to see the look on my boss's face as he read this thread.  Perhaps I'll enclose it with my resignation letter if I can't muster the nerve today.  :D

Malaga Wine is my holy grail red. How's it diff from GtBfR? KiH is a shimmery iridescent dark purple-pink. A very fun summertime color.

dbgirl

• View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #366 on: May 26, 2006, 10:53:47 AM »
Miss P,
What's so hard about resigning?
To me, there isn't a better feeling in the world than saying "See Ya!"

Miss P

• View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 26, 2006, 11:01:25 AM »
Malaga Wine is my holy grail red. How's it diff from GtBfR? KiH is a shimmery iridescent dark purple-pink. A very fun summertime color.

I think GtBfR is just barely different, slightly brighter or less bloody looking, but the same true-red (or blue-red, depending on your perspective on what is a "true red") tone.  But now you have me nostalgic for my roots.  MW is really just the best color there is. 

And KiH sounds perfect for the occasion.  I never go shimmery, but I love magenta and other purply pinks -- a perfect break-out-of-your-rut combination of risk and comfort.  So thank you for the recommendation!

Miss P

• View Profile
« Reply #368 on: May 26, 2006, 11:03:35 AM »
Miss P,
What's so hard about resigning?
To me, there isn't a better feeling in the world than saying "See Ya!"

Good point!  It does feel really liberatory.  And almost everyone knows I'm going, so it probably won't be a big deal.  But I love my job, the work, (most of) my supervisors, nearly all of my colleagues. It's going to be a very tough spot to leave.

« Reply #369 on: May 26, 2006, 11:25:17 AM »
I wonder what mr. bonkers looks like?  All I can think of is dark hair.  And not obese.