Law School Discussion

Ask a Homosexual

dbgirl

• View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
Re: Ask a Homosexual
« Reply #350 on: May 26, 2006, 10:08:45 AM »
Honestly Miss P you have a different personality than a lot of white people I have talked to. That is why I assumed you had some sort of race mixture, but I may have "misread" you because you simply have a different point of view than a lot of whites, even a lot of liberal whites I have encountered.

What I find interesting as far as I go is that people would assume that I'm entirely black or entirely white. I can't remember saying anything that would indicate either. 

I think I have a different "personality" -- if you'll give me that much credit -- than most people of any race, creed, or color! ;)
I think that's true of me too. Perhaps that's why we get along.

finally

« Reply #351 on: May 26, 2006, 10:10:30 AM »
I think starting the a "guess what I am thread" would be interesting.  I just think you guys should be careful not to get offended if someone says the wrong thing (unless they are trolls; then feel free) !  ;)

dbgirl

• View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #352 on: May 26, 2006, 10:12:06 AM »
I don't think race/ethnicity = what I am.

Perhaps a guess my race or ethnicity thread would be amusing.

finally

« Reply #353 on: May 26, 2006, 10:15:11 AM »
Well if you guys start one just be careful.  Don't be hypersensitive; it may cloud the discussion.  Just make sure you remain open minded   ;)

Miss P

• View Profile
« Reply #354 on: May 26, 2006, 10:15:46 AM »
I think I have a different "personality" -- if you'll give me that much credit -- than most people of any race, creed, or color! ;)
I think that's true of me too. Perhaps that's why we get along.

;D

And on the "partner" story -- you would not believe how often this happens, including seeing the questionable subject there with another woman at the toy store!  I have a butchy, bookish straight female friend who always refers to her common-law husband as "my partner, Chris," and you would not believe the way people's jaws drop when they meet Christopher.

Miss P

• View Profile
« Reply #355 on: May 26, 2006, 10:17:26 AM »
Hey, just for LT -- thanks!  And you weren't behind, I was muddled.  I was up way too late last night.

dbgirl

• View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #356 on: May 26, 2006, 10:25:58 AM »
I have rarely been mistaken for a lesbian (despite spending an inordinate amount of time on this thread!)
I can recall a couple of incidents, however. Once, in college, a classmate referred to our teacher (who a lot of people wrongly assumed was a lesbian) as a "man hater." I was going through a particularly angry phase at the time and said "I hate men too." From then on, that guy assumed I was a lesbian -- even though that was the only thing I ever said to "imply" that. Suddenly I was his new "lesbian friend" at school,he didn't use the term, but he acted that way. It was too bad, because I really found him attractive, but it seemed like shouting "Hey! I'm not a lesbian OK!" would just make it seem like I was in denial.

The only other time I've been mistaken for a lesbian is when my editor decided to "shake things up" at my newspaper by doing a package about homosexuals. I did a lesbian couple profile. I got serious hate mail, accusing me of having an "agenda."  But there was this really nice guy, who called me and told me he was really happy for me and my partner.

trogdor

• the BURNINATOR!
    • View Profile
    • LSN profile
« Reply #357 on: May 26, 2006, 10:36:02 AM »
That is all funny...

I would like to proclaim today (Friday), as Honor Our Non-Gay-Identified Supportive Brothers/Sisters/Trans No Racial Assumptions Day. I think while we are remembering the Veterans, it is even more timely to remember these people.

:D :D :D  amen!

finally

« Reply #358 on: May 26, 2006, 10:37:25 AM »

That is all funny...

I would like to proclaim today (Friday), as Honor Our Non-Gay-Identified Supportive Brothers/Sisters/Trans No Racial Assumptions Day. I think while we are remembering the Veterans, it is even more timely to remember these people.
[/quote]

LOL.  that's cute!   ;)

Miss P

• View Profile
« Reply #359 on: May 26, 2006, 10:41:15 AM »

Can I take a half-day?  I am envisioning a nice mani-pedi before the rain sets in.  I may even try a new color to memorialize the occasion.