Law School Discussion

Ask a Homosexual

dbgirl

• View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
Re: Ask a Homosexual
« Reply #320 on: May 25, 2006, 10:41:43 PM »
For a while I assumed you were part black ... perhaps it was your venture over into the affirmative action threads.

I am not black.  I am really embarrassed -- ashamed -- if anything I did or said looked like i was trying to pass for black.  As for entering the AA discussions, it's something I think everyone should do.  I don't know.  I care a lot about race relations; I work at a civil rights organization; I have important roots in some POC and African American community spaces.  But I am NOT black.
Shame on you Miss P! You black impersonator!  :D 
I don't think you said you were part black, I think I assumed.  People assume a lot of stuff on this board.

Miss P

• View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 25, 2006, 10:46:20 PM »
I don't think you said you were part black, I think I assumed.  People assume a lot of stuff on this board.

People do indeed! A couple of people said stuff to me by PM or whatever about being black, though, so I knew it might be an issue.  I once thought of starting my own thread, "I am not black."  But I didn't.

As for the question you deleted.  No, I don't think so, but you are not at all the first to ask!  ;)

dbgirl

• View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #322 on: May 25, 2006, 10:51:51 PM »

People do indeed! A couple of people said stuff to me by PM or whatever about being black, though, so I knew it might be an issue.  I once thought of starting my own thread, "I am not black."  But I didn't.

As for the question you deleted.  No, I don't think so, but you are not at all the first to ask!  ;)
I thought the question I deleted was a bit too obnoxious  :D
Anyway, it's not up to you to start a thread to announce whose assumptions about you are right or wrong. I know most of the assumptions people make about me are wrong, but I don't think that's my fault.

Miss P

• View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 25, 2006, 10:56:32 PM »

I thought the question I deleted was a bit too obnoxious  :D
Anyway, it's not up to you to start a thread to announce whose assumptions about you are right or wrong. I know most of the assumptions people make about me are wrong, but I don't think that's my fault.

Not obnoxious, but rather quite funny.  And I'm completely serious when I tell you that some people who are very close to me have asked precisely that!

And it's true about the assumptions running both ways.  You know, for the longest time I thought you were that handsome cat who's married to Faith Hill.

dbgirl

• View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #324 on: May 25, 2006, 11:38:35 PM »
Don't worry, he'll be back.
This tar is only to demonstrate to blue that there are many black or biracial people who don't have dark brown eyes.
He apparently didn't know that.

Miss P

• View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 25, 2006, 11:43:35 PM »
Don't worry, he'll be back.
This tar is only to demonstrate to blue that there are many black or biracial people who don't have dark brown eyes.
He apparently didn't know that.

Ah, blueb.  And you know he'd love him some green-eyed black girl too!

dbgirl

• View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #326 on: May 26, 2006, 01:25:22 AM »
Wait, DBGirl is black? I assumed she was white. I mean, what black person would have Tim McGraw for an avatar??

I know what you mean, Miss P, about not wanting to reveal too much. I think I have already given too much information about myself on here. I know from past, related experience there are people out there who, either because they are obsessed or because they have a photographic memory, will remember every post you ever made and quote it back to you if they figure out who you are in real life.

What's wrong with Tim McGraw? And why can't black people like him?
And I am black and white. Or white and black. Or gray, although I prefer the term taupe.

dbgirl

• View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #327 on: May 26, 2006, 01:32:47 AM »
What's wrong with Tim McGraw? And why can't black people like him?

(A) Nothing, and (B) they can if they want.

It's just that I don't usually see a Tim McGraw avatar and think, "Oh, that poster must be African-American."
People make a lot of 'tar based assumptions.
And I am biracial.

dbgirl

• View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #328 on: May 26, 2006, 01:38:34 AM »
There. I changed my 'tar to a black and white one to better reflect my racial heritage.

dbgirl

• View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #329 on: May 26, 2006, 01:41:48 AM »
I don't wish I looked like Tim.
I just like him.