Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Ask a Homosexual  (Read 42911 times)

H4CS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Ask a Homosexual
« Reply #140 on: May 19, 2006, 03:44:14 PM »
Do I know you?!?

Abbreviations are tough, I know.

You're going more than a bit overboard here.  I drew analogies between homosexuals acting out other's negative stereotypes of themselves, and two minority groups theoretically doing the same.  If you failed to understand the point being made, then you should probably work on your knee-jerk reflexes before you have to deal with problem-solving in law school. 

Oh bull.  I wrote that post-stonewall the movement was about the termination of accepted modes of sexuality while it's now more about rights.  You turned around and did exactly what I accused others of doing and you continue to do so.  The whole point is that there should not be stereotypes about sexuality, that's what people were fighting for.  The civil rights movement was not about fighting for people to be looters, it's what so offensive about your analogies.  The fact that you dislike that an extremely small and nonthreatening group of people want to express themselves this way means there's still work to be done.  I was merely arguing that people shouldn't demonize those that choose to continue this tradition and that's all you continue to do.

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 19, 2006, 03:45:03 PM »
id bet alot of people are curious...

i just dont find guys attractive...

and I don't find women attractive.  I just find it fascinating that one could be "curious".  If I were lesbian or bi, I would find that infuriating.   

im not sure i understand you  ???
Do you really believe in free speech, or just in speech you agree with?

finally

« Reply #142 on: May 19, 2006, 03:58:40 PM »

and I don't find women attractive.  I just find it fascinating that one could be "curious".  If I were lesbian or bi, I would find that infuriating.   

Well, what I'm saying is that I would find it insulting (if I were lesbian or bisexual) for someone to be "toying" around with bisexuality or homosexuality when in fact they aren't.  It's hard enough meeting good people whether you are bisexual, heterosexual, or homosexual; for somebody to be just wasting time toying with someone's emotions.   I'd take it as an insult, but that's just me, I guess.     

trogdor

• Sr. Citizen
  • the BURNINATOR!
    • View Profile
    • LSN profile
« Reply #143 on: May 19, 2006, 04:01:13 PM »
Well, what I'm saying is that I would find it insulting (if I were lesbian or bisexual) for someone to be "toying" around with bisexuality or homosexuality when in fact they aren't.  It's hard enough meeting good people whether you are bisexual, heterosexual, or homosexual; for somebody to be just wasting time toying with someone's emotions.   I'd take it as an insult, but that's just me, I guess.     

they're just on training wheels and need a little push to get going.   ;)
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." Orwell

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 19, 2006, 04:01:52 PM »

id disagee with you on that.  i would imagine, but i coulod be wriong, that most people, when they go same s3x, ar curious at the beginning.  trying to find out if thats really how they are?

trogdor

• Sr. Citizen
  • the BURNINATOR!
    • View Profile
    • LSN profile
« Reply #145 on: May 19, 2006, 04:05:00 PM »
id disagee with you on that.  i would imagine, but i coulod be wriong, that most people, when they go same s3x, ar curious at the beginning.  trying to find out if thats really how they are?

in general, this is true.  they're generally confused and/or repressed.  many come to terms gradually. 
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." Orwell

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 19, 2006, 04:06:19 PM »

I think dishonesty about one's intentions really sucks no matter what form it takes.  But I totally understand people's confusion about the preferred genders of their sexual partners. For me, what I find attractive about people is much less about their private parts and stuff than it is about funny things like crooked noses and big hands.  When I was a teenager, I kind of figured out that this separated me from most (straight) people, and I found a place among the queers I knew -- hence my chosen and bumpy course of lesbianism.  But I have never been insulted by bicurious girl's suggestion that I am such a perfect exemplar of femininity that she could judge her attraction to women by having a few rolls in the hay with me. ;)
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 19, 2006, 04:06:30 PM »

in general, this is true.  they're generally confused and/or repressed.  many come to terms gradually. 

thats kinda what i thought.

i would imagine maybe some bouncing back and forth b4 reality sets in?

trogdor

• Sr. Citizen
  • the BURNINATOR!
    • View Profile
    • LSN profile
« Reply #148 on: May 19, 2006, 04:10:09 PM »

if you're honest with yourself, i can't imagine not knowing after once, but self-deception and denial can also play an important role in flip-flopping. 

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 19, 2006, 04:11:29 PM »

if you're honest with yourself, i can't imagine not knowing after once, but self-deception and denial can also play an important role in flip-flopping. 

i have no clue.  ot to be a tough thing to go thru...