Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSACD on the WEB  (Read 1356 times)

Barry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
LSACD on the WEB
« on: August 11, 2004, 08:57:46 AM »
I just ordered LSACD ON THE WEB. Why do they need my home addresss for that? Do they send me something in the mail? Canty they just email me with a password so i can just access it online, being that its "on the web".
Thanx.

Also, about how long will it take to receive it, if they send it?

Barry

pepem

Re: LSACD on the WEB
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2004, 09:03:57 AM »
as soon as you purchase it you can access it.  they don't have to send you anything.  once you access it, you may have to download 1 or 2 plug-ins if you don't have them already installed on your pc.

brothernads

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2004, 09:24:53 AM »
If you log in to your account on the LSAC website, you should be able to access it simply by clicking on the "Applications" tab.

jrhc1210

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.85/Oct
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jrhc1210
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2004, 09:28:06 AM »
Are there any advantages to waiting for the CD version?

buster

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2004, 09:40:30 AM »
More time to ponder the intricacies of writing the same things over and over in slightly different orders?

Are there any advantages to waiting for the CD version?

KareBear

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Kare516
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2004, 09:43:25 AM »
The only advantage I can think of is for people who are applying over a year from now (after the web version expires)... If you have the CD, you can still complete + print out your apps to mail after the expiration date, but you won't be able to trasmit your application online.

With the web version, you'd have to print out your unfinished apps before the expiration date & finish it by hand or typewriter or something.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2004, 09:44:41 AM »
If you're applying over a year from now, why wouldn't you just buy the cd/web access next year to make sure you get the most current apps?  (I know most stay the same, but some change and go through edits in the "off season")

KareBear

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2004, 09:50:46 AM »
No idea.  Maybe they start off with the plan to apply this year, but change their minds... some people might decide to wait for senior year grades/a higher LSAT score... or perhaps something unexpected happens (emergency/fantastic opportunity elsewhere) and they aren't able to complete their applications.

brothernads

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2004, 10:03:00 AM »
The only advantage I can think of is for people who are applying over a year from now (after the web version expires)... If you have the CD, you can still complete + print out your apps to mail after the expiration date, but you won't be able to trasmit your application online.

With the web version, you'd have to print out your unfinished apps before the expiration date & finish it by hand or typewriter or something.

Would schools even accept 2004-2005 apps for the 2005-2006 admissions cycle?

KareBear

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2004, 10:14:23 AM »
I don't know this for a fact, so I could be wrong... but from what I understand, the apps don't change often.