Law School Discussion

What was the BEST LSAT ADVICE you ever had?

Officer Rod Farva

• FARVA #1
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: What was the BEST LSAT ADVICE you ever had?
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2006, 09:30:41 AM »
Dont F*ck it up!

Messily

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2006, 10:06:38 AM »
One other piece of advice, that I somewhat ignored, and wished I hadn't -- practice your cursive if you don't normally write in it!  That stupid paragraph took me way too long to write out, and my hand was crampy for the whole first section, making bubbling harder than usual.

krumanadi

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2006, 11:15:53 AM »
Dont F*ck it up!

I DONT WANNA LARGE FARVA!!!

Also, I have a piece of advice that no one gave me.. You need to write a paragraph in script, so learn how to do that.. I had serious issues with that, as I haven't wrote in script since fifth grade.

AND DONT BE NERVOUS.  I'm telling you, it's important.. I am one of the few who did better on the real one.

Officer Rod Farva

• FARVA #1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2006, 12:50:04 PM »

AND DONT BE NERVOUS.  I'm telling you, it's important.. I am one of the few who did better on the real one.

"SING THE SONG, ROOKIE BIYOOOTCH"

Same here. I went about not being nervous by taking a number of recent practice tests at the test center the week before the test. I pretended like the October '05 test was the real deal when I took it with a classmate. I completely blew it, scoring 10 points below my average. After that little shake-up I realized that my performance was tied to my attitude as much as it was to my ability. I went in on test day and scored above my test average.

Officer Rod Farva

• FARVA #1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2006, 01:00:59 PM »
One other piece of advice, that I somewhat ignored, and wished I hadn't -- practice your cursive if you don't normally write in it!  That stupid paragraph took me way too long to write out, and my hand was crampy for the whole first section, making bubbling harder than usual.

You've got to be kidding me. You can't print on the writing sample? And what if you do? It's not like it is scored, or like the law schools are going to say "oh no he didn't cursive write!"

I didn't write in cursive.

Messily

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2006, 02:34:53 PM »

You've got to be kidding me. You can't print on the writing sample? And what if you do? It's not like it is scored, or like the law schools are going to say "oh no he didn't cursive write!"

You can print on the writing sample, but at the very beginning of the test you have to write out this "I solemnly swear not to cheat" paragraph, and that MUST be in cursive.  They're very serious about the cursive.  I have no idea why.

anrya

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2006, 02:46:57 PM »
Oh crap.... I don't know how to write in cursive  :-[  Just what I need, another reason to stress out.

Bork

• Monkey Stealing My Stuff
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2006, 05:37:05 PM »
@#!* CURSIVE. I type.

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2006, 11:21:33 AM »
mine was to figure out if the LR arguments were strong or not.

Can I ask, in what way does that help you?

why?? why???

it gives me more best advices.

once denied

« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2006, 12:43:31 AM »
1.  Practice hard, but practice intelligently.  Don't worry about timing yourself at first.  Review your wrong answers thoroughly.  Make sure you know why the right answer is right.  Buy the LGB and LRB.  If you can't make heads or tails of the right answers, or consistently get the same type of questions wrong, consider signing up for a prep course.

2.  If you sign up for a prep course, make sure that your LSAT instructor actually took the LSAT and scored well on it.  Like it or lump it, there are a lot of instructors out there who lack credentials.  Many of them have never taken an officially administered LSAT, let alone scored well.  Buyer beware!

3.  If you are still in college, consistently scoring short of your target score on practice exams, and are serious about law school, consider taking a summer or year off to study.