Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: U of Dayton  (Read 1148 times)

ktcarlin

U of Dayton
« on: May 16, 2006, 08:38:52 AM »
Any opinions or observations about the university of dayton.  I have been accepted, and I am debating whether or not to attend? Any and all comments are appreciated

corbabe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: U of Dayton
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 08:47:46 AM »
I am still pending there, but am hoping for an acceptance, I would like some info too!

ktcarlin

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2006, 11:02:14 AM »
Well, I was on the waitlist, and just pulled off yesterday.  It came in an email with a package to follow soon.  Good luck to you.  Were you deferred, waitlisted or still pending?

corbabe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2006, 11:31:32 AM »
i am still pending at Dayton adn Ohio Northern.  I have been waitlisted at Capital. 

greengrl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2006, 11:55:43 AM »
it's a T4 school, very regional. I grew up in Dayton and, well, let's just say it might not be a place you want to stay. I have friends that went there and got good jobs in Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus but mostly Ohio. And you will need to score really well. Plus it is private and catholic and from what I understand VERY expensive.

Go flyers :)

ktcarlin

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2006, 03:16:32 PM »
I don't see it being overly expensive compared to other schools.  U of Dayton's tuition is $24,174 compared to other schools, see below.
Stetson University    $24,940
Marquette University    $24,930
St. Thomas University    $24,700
Gonzaga University    $24,678
Seattle University    $24,676
William Mitchell    $24,500
U. of Dayton       $24,174   
Nova Southeastern University    $23,873   
Hamline University    $23,858   
Samford U. (Cumberland) $23,758

I understand that they are a regional school.  But all those considered, is their reputation good in ohio?  Library, faculty, other stuff like that?

greengrl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2006, 04:49:39 PM »
I don't see it being overly expensive compared to other schools.  U of Dayton's tuition is $24,174 compared to other schools, see below.
Stetson University    $24,940
Marquette University    $24,930
St. Thomas University    $24,700
Gonzaga University    $24,678
Seattle University    $24,676
William Mitchell    $24,500
U. of Dayton       $24,174   
Nova Southeastern University    $23,873   
Hamline University    $23,858   
Samford U. (Cumberland) $23,758

I understand that they are a regional school.  But all those considered, is their reputation good in ohio?  Library, faculty, other stuff like that?

Yeah i would say their reputation is pretty good. Your major competition in the larger markets in Ohio are Case in Cleveland, Ohio State in Columbus and U of Cincinatti in Cincinnati. To break into one of the larger markets in Ohio you will need to do well at UD; it has a good name recognition in Ohio but you would need to talk to career services there for specific numbers of out of state employment etc... Their alumni are fairly tight, too

They are also home of the first two year JD. We'll see how this pans out for them

cyberrev

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2006, 04:53:23 PM »
Well, I was on the waitlist, and just pulled off yesterday.  It came in an email with a package to follow soon.  Good luck to you.  Were you deferred, waitlisted or still pending?

same here.  seems too expensive for me though, without any scholly $$$

greengrl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2006, 05:32:07 PM »

same here.  seems too expensive for me though, without any scholly $$$

yeah, at full price it's not a really good investment. that was kind of my point but i didnt' make it very well

BuckeyeGirl22

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2006, 10:28:41 PM »
Just an F.Y.I.  I was going to go to Dayton but recently changed my mind so I withdrew yesterday.  I hope this helps someone on the waitlist! ;)