Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

Have you resigned/quit/been fired yet? PLEASE VOTE AGAIN!

Yes
 116 (58%)
No
 61 (30.5%)
I didn't have a job to quit/be fired from
 23 (11.5%)

Total Members Voted: 185

Author Topic: The "I Just Resigned" Thread  (Read 24853 times)

kristybuch

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: The "I Just Resigned" Thread
« Reply #150 on: July 25, 2006, 12:18:13 PM »
Finished my final day on the job as a journalist a couple hours ago. RETIREMENT!!!! (well, for about 10 days before I have to start moving, anyway)

where were you working as a journalist? i'm just about to give up my place in the fourth estate, too.

Boredatwork

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 25, 2006, 12:30:49 PM »
Resignation in.  Pretty soon I'll have to come up with a new screename.

yiplong

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 25, 2006, 07:11:25 PM »
Just resigned today.  About 10 more days to go. Hurray!

Lionel Hutz

• Sr. Citizen
  • aka Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
    • smarter
« Reply #153 on: July 25, 2006, 08:00:20 PM »
3 days to go!

Goodbye ad agency! Goodbye proofreading!
Don't touch my stuff!...Hey this isn't the YMCA!

SJU 09

Aerst2

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 28, 2006, 11:19:23 PM »
5 days to go from my job of 3 years. I will miss it.
165 / 3.94

Lionel Hutz

• Sr. Citizen
  • aka Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
    • smarter
« Reply #155 on: July 29, 2006, 12:54:27 AM »
I am done with work. Now comes easy street at law school. Oh yeah: waking up at the crack of noon, wandering over to the law school, puttin in a little face time, and then retiring to my "office" at the corner bar.  8) 8) 8)
Don't touch my stuff!...Hey this isn't the YMCA!

SJU 09

SanchoPanzo

• Sr. Citizen
  • My avatar is hotter than your avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 30, 2006, 09:56:26 AM »
I give notice this week. Felt good :) Felt even better when my boss told me that if he had to do another career, it would be law.
1L
order in the midst of chaos surrounded by order and a sprinkling of mist with chaos flavor. bake 2 hours then serve

saramhw

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #157 on: August 04, 2006, 02:20:40 PM »
I didn't know where to go with this, and this looks good!  I turned in my resigation on Monday 7/31.  I have 4 working days (and the rest of today).  I'm in a unique position as I'm leaving an administrative position (working for the corporation counsel) at a University to go to school full time at the University's law school.  I've worked here for 12 years, so while I'll still be going to the same place every day, it will be different going as a student, not employee.

Also, being a lawyer himself, my boss has pushed me to go.  I applied last cycle and turned down my 1 app (the school where I work) because I want a PhD in poli sci in order to teach.  I decided in the last 2 weeks (yes, 2 weeks!!) that perhaps going this year would be a good way to start and what I'd really like is a joint PhD/JD degree.  So, I may be here just for this year (no joint degree program here) or I may finish out and do the degrees consecutively rather than concurrently or I may just forget about the PhD.

At any rate, giving notice was absolutely wonderful.  I will come back and volunteer a few hours to help with the training of my replacement, but after 8/10, I'm done.  that's good because orientation starts 8/15.  The admissions staff is delivering my materials to me today!  WOWWWWW!!!!

Alamo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 04, 2006, 03:28:30 PM »
I just cleaned out my office last night - I can't believe that I accumulated so much useless crap over two years, in a place in which I spent very little time.  Very much looking forward to my last day employed, 1 week from today!
I must admit that I may have been infected with society's prejudices and predilections and attributed them to God . . . and that in years hence I may be seen as someone who was on the wrong side of history.  I don't believe such doubts make me a bad Christian.  I believe they make me human . . .

Bouzie1982

« Reply #159 on: February 03, 2007, 10:41:58 PM »
Bump.

I just got a letter confirming my resignation effective 6/30/07 in the mail today.

AIN'T NO TURNIN' BACK NOW!