Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

Have you resigned/quit/been fired yet? PLEASE VOTE AGAIN!

Yes
 116 (58%)
No
 61 (30.5%)
I didn't have a job to quit/be fired from
 23 (11.5%)

Total Members Voted: 185

Author Topic: The "I Just Resigned" Thread  (Read 24779 times)

skeeball

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: The "I Just Resigned" Thread
« Reply #130 on: July 19, 2006, 07:51:20 PM »
*BAFF*

This thread is making me daydream.

Sigh....

blocke123

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 19, 2006, 09:39:59 PM »
Not trying to bust on anybody, but how do you NOT resign in person (barring distance work situations)? I just couldn't ever do that over email or letter or phone message or anything... I did it in person on Monday and it sucked, but here we are and now I have 3.5 weeks left of work. YAY! Then two weeks of blissful nothingness until orientation starts...

Actually, it was funny. I IM'ed my boss saying we should go to lunch b/c I needed to talk to him. He wrote back "sh*t... are you leaving?". I said "um, let's just go to lunch" - so, who am I to say anything? I almost resigned on IM!! That would have been awesome.

you should always resign by e-mail so you have written proof that you resigned before you got fired.

Brian
Wants to meet me under the bleachers: DePaul ($$$), John Marshall ($$$ withdrawn), American, Miami (withdrawn), IOWA, Kent ($$)
Wants to meet me by the bike rack: Indiana
Told me they need to wash their hair: Loyola

beer gunner

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 19, 2006, 09:45:04 PM »
I resigned, I am almost outee!
To drink a beer or not to drink a beer, was that the question?

OL - 3rd tier

maka nani

• LSD Obsessed
    • AOL Instant Messenger - redsox1079
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 19, 2006, 10:34:48 PM »
i have to work 2 days past my final day.. :-\ but i need the $$!
DON'T GO TO LAW SCHOOL YOU DUMB FUCKS.

M DOT

« Reply #134 on: July 19, 2006, 10:41:37 PM »
i put in my notice about a month ago and have 17 more working days to go. i've gotten to the point where i'm taking my sweet a$$ time with everything and even though i need the cash i would be fine if i was let go tomorrow, in fact i may even bring in donuts the next day for everyone, lol

crazy8

« Reply #135 on: July 19, 2006, 11:25:42 PM »
i put in my notice about a month ago and have 17 more working days to go. i've gotten to the point where i'm taking my sweet a$$ time with everything and even though i need the cash i would be fine if i was let go tomorrow, in fact i may even bring in donuts the next day for everyone, lol

Damn that's a lot of notice Lex.  I shut down the day I handed in my notice so I couldn't imagine still having that much time at work.  Though when I think about only receiving two more paychecks before being a broke a$$ student again, I get sad. :'(

maka nani

• LSD Obsessed
    • AOL Instant Messenger - redsox1079
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 19, 2006, 11:39:05 PM »
has anyone else been working their asses off?  :-\ i have so much to do and i have to train someone all that i know and it is so much i'm feeling so overwhelmed.  ah well 7 more business days regardless!!!!
DON'T GO TO LAW SCHOOL YOU DUMB FUCKS.

M DOT

« Reply #137 on: July 20, 2006, 12:21:41 AM »
my job knew i was out the door early august before i gave them my notice, but i just wanted to give them plenty of time to find another professional paper pusher to fill my shoes. and it's like fighting jason or freddy everyday to make it to work, let alone get somethng done before my morning break

Damn that's a lot of notice Lex.  I shut down the day I handed in my notice so I couldn't imagine still having that much time at work.  Though when I think about only receiving two more paychecks before being a broke a$$ student again, I get sad. :'(

beer gunner

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 20, 2006, 02:49:28 AM »
Im outee

I ran into one of my contacts and the conversation went like this:

so I am getting ready to go to law school.

her: "so your out?"

me: "Im out."

(super happy about law school)
To drink a beer or not to drink a beer, was that the question?

OL - 3rd tier

crazy8

« Reply #139 on: July 20, 2006, 07:09:29 AM »
has anyone else been working their asses off?  :-\ i have so much to do and i have to train someone all that i know and it is so much i'm feeling so overwhelmed.  ah well 7 more business days regardless!!!!
Yea I've been working my a$$ off while I'm trying to take care of law school logistics.  I'm training three people but if they don't get it by the time I leave next Fri. oh well!!!  I'm sure the place will still be standing after I'm gone.