Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

Have you resigned/quit/been fired yet? PLEASE VOTE AGAIN!

Yes
 116 (58%)
No
 61 (30.5%)
I didn't have a job to quit/be fired from
 23 (11.5%)

Total Members Voted: 185

Author Topic: The "I Just Resigned" Thread  (Read 24822 times)

Jtrich614

Re: The "I Just Resigned" Thread
« Reply #120 on: July 07, 2006, 11:18:44 AM »
MD- NOW YOU KNOW!!! that's exactly what I want to say after all of that!

CESCO- Funny you should ask...Chief came in my office yesterday afternoon and said "Sorry, we were unable to get you in the July class because it was full, but if you are here in August you WILL be going to that one". I LAUGHED AND SAID "OK" to him and "F%#$ YOU" under my breath!

Imma keep it cordial because I don't want anything negative in my file but they are really pushing me.  >:(

crazy8

« Reply #121 on: July 07, 2006, 11:32:57 AM »
MD- NOW YOU KNOW!!! that's exactly what I want to say after all of that!

CESCO- Funny you should ask...Chief came in my office yesterday afternoon and said "Sorry, we were unable to get you in the July class because it was full, but if you are here in August you WILL be going to that one". I LAUGHED AND SAID "OK" to him and "F%#$ YOU" under my breath!

Imma keep it cordial because I don't want anything negative in my file but they are really pushing me.  >:(

Oh in that case, I wouldn't feel bad at all.

Jtrich614

« Reply #122 on: July 07, 2006, 11:13:38 PM »
I RESIGNED!!! FACES DROPPED!!! LOVED IT!!!   ;D

crazy8

« Reply #123 on: July 08, 2006, 03:27:37 AM »
I RESIGNED!!! FACES DROPPED!!! LOVED IT!!!   ;D

And you're still alive!  Congrats Jtrich.

east_meets_west

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 10, 2006, 10:23:25 AM »
Friday is my last day....two weeks notice has been in since 10 days ago and the time couldn't be passing any slower.....

Plus some crazy partner decided to make me go through 8 boxes of documents again, 2 months after I last reviewed them, because he "thinks there's some things missing". Of course, he gave no indication as to what made him realize this, or where the missing segments might be given his realization.

I hate being a legal assistant. COME FASTER, BASTILLE DAY!
Northwestern 2010!

mb3303

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #125 on: July 11, 2006, 05:32:02 PM »
FINALLY, I resigned. Yesterday. What a whirlwind. My boss and colleagues took it pretty well, probably better than had I left for a competitor. I gave 3 week's notice, to which my boss replied that she was going to put off thinking about the ramifications of my departure until next week. So much for trying to be helpful! But that's not my problem. I've been waiting for this day for 5 months, but when it finally came I could barely bring myself to hit the 'send' button on my email. I just hate letting people down. But now it's over and it feels great.

Since I am only attending PT the first year, I wanted some PT work to help make ends meet and just today got a legal proofreading job for 15-20 hours a week, which ought to suit my schedule nicely and provide some much needed cash.

I may eat this statement come fall, but right now I just can't wait until school starts. I graduated college 13 years ago, so it's going to be a big change, but I'm so looking forward to the challenge.

jazmine

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 19, 2006, 03:35:21 PM »
yay :)  I gave notice on monday.  The weird thing is, i put a letter in my supervisor's box, and I know he got the letter, but he hasn't mentioned anything about it to me.  I don't know what is up with that, but i don't really care because I am just so glad to be leaving. 
For how else can you capture a boogie
If you don't attack from the back
To the rear, march!

crazy8

« Reply #127 on: July 19, 2006, 03:55:30 PM »
yay :)  I gave notice on monday.  The weird thing is, i put a letter in my supervisor's box, and I know he got the letter, but he hasn't mentioned anything about it to me.  I don't know what is up with that, but i don't really care because I am just so glad to be leaving. 

Did you also tell your supervisor in person?  You don't want to just stop showing up for work one day and they are confused as to where you are!  :D

Congrats on almost being free from the chains of a job.  Seven more business days and counting for me!!

jazmine

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 19, 2006, 03:59:33 PM »
Thanks :)  I also sent him an email.  There is a lot of crazy stuff going on, and I got the feeling he might have just been too preoccupied to say anything, and he's out today for oral surgery.  I'm not worried though, because I've told everyone else I'm leaving too.  Plus, there's nothing I can do about the fact that they will be screwed for awhile after I leave because they probably won't find anyone to replace me soon enough that I can train them. 

But it feels so good to be almost done, and to stop keeping it a secret that I'm headed to law school. 
For how else can you capture a boogie
If you don't attack from the back
To the rear, march!

yokyok

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 19, 2006, 04:37:51 PM »
Not trying to bust on anybody, but how do you NOT resign in person (barring distance work situations)? I just couldn't ever do that over email or letter or phone message or anything... I did it in person on Monday and it sucked, but here we are and now I have 3.5 weeks left of work. YAY! Then two weeks of blissful nothingness until orientation starts...

Actually, it was funny. I IM'ed my boss saying we should go to lunch b/c I needed to talk to him. He wrote back "*&^%... are you leaving?". I said "um, let's just go to lunch" - so, who am I to say anything? I almost resigned on IM!! That would have been awesome.