Law School Discussion

Asian/Asian-American Discussion Board

HBCU.EDU

Re: Asian/Asian-American Discussion Board
« Reply #370 on: December 22, 2004, 04:59:30 PM »
(walking into the room) Peace to the Asian board.

jamieebrown

• Still looking
    • AOL Instant Messenger - drunkgolfer18
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #371 on: December 23, 2004, 10:32:32 PM »
Damn asians stir up alot of comments. Wonder how many of them have those terrible accents. I cant stand them. No offense b/c my brother was adopted from Korea.

dabbycool

• 169/3.61
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: January 11, 2005, 05:03:54 PM »
Hi, I'm Asian.

scc

• View Profile
« Reply #373 on: January 11, 2005, 05:18:41 PM »
I've only read this page...so sorry if everything I write has been said a million times.  I just wanted to say that in terms of having Asian people around, I definitely don't want to go to a school where it's only 1 or 2% Asian because that scares me a little.  But I also don't want to go to a school that's 40% because at that point I think you're pressured to only have Asian friends, and I got over that phase in hs.  10-15% is a good range.

NYKnicks

« Reply #374 on: January 11, 2005, 05:22:58 PM »
I've only read this page...so sorry if everything I write has been said a million times.  I just wanted to say that in terms of having Asian people around, I definitely don't want to go to a school where it's only 1 or 2% Asian because that scares me a little.  But I also don't want to go to a school that's 40% because at that point I think you're pressured to only have Asian friends, and I got over that phase in hs.  10-15% is a good range.

well said.

debstar

« Reply #375 on: January 12, 2005, 12:51:41 AM »
I've only read this page...so sorry if everything I write has been said a million times. I just wanted to say that in terms of having Asian people around, I definitely don't want to go to a school where it's only 1 or 2% Asian because that scares me a little. But I also don't want to go to a school that's 40% because at that point I think you're pressured to only have Asian friends, and I got over that phase in hs. 10-15% is a good range.

Yeah, exactly what she said.  :)  Don't wanna get lynched in the deep south.  Scary.

Digressing from the topic a bit, what city/area do you think is the best place to live in as an Asian American?

I vote San Francisco, home of the NorCal hotties who sport cargo pants & north face backpacks. 

thechoson

« Reply #376 on: January 12, 2005, 12:55:18 AM »
I would think the best place for Asians is, obviously, where there are many Asians. I can only speak of this from a Korean perspective.

1. Los Angeles
2. NYC Metro
3. DC Metro.

There 3 areas by rank, are the top Korean population centers in the country.

Then I would think big cities where there are sizable Asian populations, like Honolulu, Chicago, Boston, San Francisco, Houston.

Then the rest of the big cities, which tend to be more liberal.  San Diego, Minneapolis, Phoenix, Las Vegas, etc.

debstar

« Reply #377 on: January 12, 2005, 01:04:10 AM »
I don't necessarily think that a greater Asian population means a better living environment.

klasyk gyrl

• Chapter 6 of the LRB f'd me up!
    • MSN Messenger - klasykgyrl
    • AOL Instant Messenger - klasykgyrl
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - klasykgyrl
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #378 on: January 12, 2005, 01:15:56 AM »
how asian am i? my closest friend is japanese, my best friend from high school is chinese, but each is totally americanized. i really don't have asian friends and all my mom's family live in singapore. does the approximately half chinese blood in my mom just make me asian? how asian will my kids be and their kids? nature or nuture?  ???

scc

• View Profile
« Reply #379 on: January 12, 2005, 04:27:55 PM »
badonkadonk bump