Law School Discussion

Asian/Asian-American Discussion Board

shiveringjenny

Re: Asian/Asian-American Discussion Board
« Reply #630 on: March 22, 2005, 10:40:08 PM »
you should see Joint Security Area.

it's about NK and SK soldiers who secretly become friends and the mystery surrounding one of their deaths. I cannot recommend this movie enough. magnificent.

dsongcho

« Reply #631 on: March 23, 2005, 12:31:43 AM »
you should see Joint Security Area.

it's about NK and SK soldiers who secretly become friends and the mystery surrounding one of their deaths. I cannot recommend this movie enough. magnificent.

Yes, I want to see this.  Actually, I think I'll go to Ktown and buy it

zenbiddie

« Reply #632 on: March 23, 2005, 07:20:32 AM »
no i dont speak korean...which is why im hoping to find these films in just a regular video store.  i love cinema! ;D

« Reply #633 on: March 23, 2005, 09:58:44 AM »
no i dont speak korean...which is why im hoping to find these films in just a regular video store.  i love cinema! ;D

If you want to buy the dvd, you should check www.yesasia.com  They sell basically everything, with subtitles, too!  I've bought stuff off here a couple times...my bf doesn't speak Korean but I still make him watch so we compromise w/ the subtitled versions  :)

zenbiddie

« Reply #634 on: March 23, 2005, 10:04:17 AM »
thanks for the link sunset.  ;)

shiveringjenny

« Reply #635 on: March 23, 2005, 10:32:19 AM »
no i dont speak korean...which is why im hoping to find these films in just a regular video store. i love cinema! ;D

If you want to buy the dvd, you should check www.yesasia.com They sell basically everything, with subtitles, too! I've bought stuff off here a couple times...my bf doesn't speak Korean but I still make him watch so we compromise w/ the subtitled versions :)
if you want to buy the dvd, but are too cheap to do so, buy it on vcd. it's like 8 bucks, and delivery is pretty quick. that's where i get all the chinese movies i want to see before they're released in the states.

zenbiddie

« Reply #636 on: March 23, 2005, 12:04:10 PM »
well i'll try my luck with renting first then if all else fails i'll buy on the net.

« Reply #637 on: March 23, 2005, 02:13:52 PM »
thanks, I'll definitely look into the site and your suggestions.I haven't seen many Korean movies and I'd like to change that

NYKnicks

« Reply #638 on: March 25, 2005, 06:48:04 PM »
Goodness, I only recognized two names in the last two pages of this thread.

« Reply #639 on: March 25, 2005, 07:03:42 PM »
Goodness, I only recognized two names in the last two pages of this thread.

i only recoginze you  :-\