Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Asian/Asian-American Discussion Board  (Read 57824 times)

NYKnicks

Re: Asian/Asian-American Discussion Board
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2004, 12:31:33 AM »
add a Phd to that list too, don't you love asian expectations?

mukhia

« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2004, 12:35:00 AM »
add a Phd to that list too, don't you love asian expectations?

Good God - nothing is ever good enough!  My father is great about this stuff, he's fine as long as I'm happy - my mother is psychotic!  I'm supposed to be married with kids by now and a residency under my belt!  LOL!

NYKnicks

« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2004, 12:40:51 AM »
Sometimes its not just your parents, its the whole Asian community in your town, and then that pressure gets to your parents cause they don't wanna be known as "Those people whose son/daughter didn't become an MD, or do engineering, or comp sci, or business"

Good God - nothing is ever good enough!  My father is great about this stuff, he's fine as long as I'm happy - my mother is psychotic!  I'm supposed to be married with kids by now and a residency under my belt!  LOL!

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
  • small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2004, 12:42:56 AM »
these are all perfectly good reasons why asian parents should be eradicated.  or at the very least, disowned. 

but thats just my personal view.  dont go disowning or killing your own parents...unless you really want to.
'why does it hurt so much when i poke it?'

dgatl

« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2004, 12:49:04 AM »
didn't you know that every desi is at harvard or yale and is on the verge of PhD or MD?  desi parents suck.

now, my parents have been pretty cool about the whole thing, but I think they're getting sick of justifying my decision to the community.  (in fact, one of my diversity statements was about this whole thing)

ruskiegirl

« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2004, 02:19:58 AM »
The Mongolian Ruskie is here to join the discussion.  Um, what the hell are we talking about again?

dgatl

« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2004, 02:22:20 AM »
asian parents and asian communities looking down upon the profession of law

omake_don

• i'm going to law school, but i'd rather be a ninja
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2004, 05:16:16 AM »
regardless of the factor, the fact is asian are usually over-represented as a % of the population in law school, although this doesn't ness. support that more asians means stiffer competition, the general sense is that the presence of large asian population in a given law school is a good indicator of tough competition.

(can you tell i've been working on my LSAT prep too much?) ;)
i'm spicy in that non-offensive and mysterious way that all the ladies.. SHUT YOUR MOUTH!

mukhia

« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2004, 09:34:45 AM »
The Mongolian Ruskie is here to join the discussion.  Um, what the hell are we talking about again?

I'm half Mongolian - high five!

thechoson

« Reply #59 on: August 17, 2004, 09:45:53 AM »
Mongolians once ruled the world.  Albeit briefly