Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Asian/Asian-American Discussion Board  (Read 56172 times)

nathanielmark

Re: Asian/Asian-American Discussion Board
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2004, 12:43:48 PM »
thats right.

kingoftorts

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2004, 10:28:02 PM »
strange

NYKnicks

« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2004, 10:56:05 PM »
The Asian board has died again...

mukhia

« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2004, 11:23:33 PM »

Better luck tomorrow... ;)

NYKnicks

« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2004, 11:24:34 PM »
HORRIBLE MOVIE!!!!!!!

Better luck tomorrow... ;)

dgatl

« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2004, 12:23:30 AM »
question for asians:  how many of your communities look down upon the profession of law?

most desis I run across have a quizzical look on my face when I tell them that no, aunty, i'm not going to medical school.  i usually don't bother to tell them that my undergrad was in engineering, because then they would immediately ask why I "switched" and I'm not too interested in answering their suggestive, gossipy questions.

oh, but of course, its ok for a desi female to go into law.

NYKnicks

« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2004, 12:25:35 AM »
yeah man, I did engineering as an undergrad too. I'm not sure I get looked down upon, but they always wonder why I want to stray from the golden path of engineering. Then they say they hope I don't sue them...I dunno.

question for asians:  how many of your communities look down upon the profession of law?

most desis I run across have a quizzical look on my face when I tell them that no, aunty, i'm not going to medical school.  i usually don't bother to tell them that my undergrad was in engineering, because then they would immediately ask why I "switched" and I'm not too interested in answering their suggestive, gossipy questions.

dgatl

« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2004, 12:27:29 AM »
yeah man, I did engineering as an undergrad too. I'm not sure I get looked down upon, but they always wonder why I want to stray from the golden path of engineering. Then they say they hope I don't sue them...I dunno.

if you don't mind me asking, which community do you belong to?

NYKnicks

« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2004, 12:30:17 AM »
I'm Chinese, from New Jersey, plenty of desis here too, got a lot of brown friends here, good people, some look black though.

if you don't mind me asking, which community do you belong to?

mukhia

« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2004, 12:30:34 AM »

LOL!  Try explaining your philosophy major!  I practically had to add finance as a major to appease my mother!  Oh and yes, I was supposed to be a doctor also...