Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: university of north dakota  (Read 3453 times)

ryankel

• View Profile
university of north dakota
« on: May 14, 2006, 06:32:05 PM »
Does anyone know anything about the University of North Dakota?

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dontreallyknowmuch
    • View Profile
Re: university of north dakota
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2006, 06:43:49 PM »
Does anyone know anything about the University of North Dakota?

quote Stanley J. Watson III
you are doomed in the fated sense, but that's completely irrelevant because that's only from the viewpoint of someone who is not constrained by time. since you are temporal, for all intents and purposes you have the power to change your future

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2006, 06:49:00 PM »
Also, here is a pic of the law building at the University:

you are doomed in the fated sense, but that's completely irrelevant because that's only from the viewpoint of someone who is not constrained by time. since you are temporal, for all intents and purposes you have the power to change your future

cyberrev

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2006, 06:56:26 PM »
i withdrew because i couldnt get anybody to answer my emails or letters

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2006, 07:00:48 PM »
i withdrew because i couldnt get anybody to answer my emails or letters

You do realize that they were occupied with more important things, right?

dodo97

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2006, 12:02:44 AM »
I lived in South Dakota for a year out of school. The two are more or less the same state. Very flat, very boring, very few people, super conservative. Moving there from undergrad at Wisconsin was quite a culture shock and I struggled to adapt socially (although being a reporter with a shift that ended after midnight including ALL Friday nights didn't help). Some people actually DO find that appealing. I did not.

I know nothing about the law school itself, though.

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2006, 08:57:08 AM »
Also, here is a pic of the law building at the University:

Actually, Duck, that's the newly-renovated school of business. Here is the law school:

:D :D :D Have you seen their new "Center For Law And Communications" ?

cyberrev

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2006, 10:47:48 AM »
I lived in South Dakota for a year out of school. The two are more or less the same state. Very flat, very boring, very few people, super conservative. Moving there from undergrad at Wisconsin was quite a culture shock and I struggled to adapt socially (although being a reporter with a shift that ended after midnight including ALL Friday nights didn't help). Some people actually DO find that appealing. I did not.

I know nothing about the law school itself, though.

really?  i had more fun in sioux falls than a lot of more 'hip' places i've lived....

maybe sf is an anomoly for the state of south dakota.

sturgis rocks, too, but only once a year

inter-continental

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2006, 02:08:39 PM »
Interesting - everyone here knows nothing about UND Law, yet they feel compelled to reply...

This is the UND Law building:

This is the UND Law library:

UND Law is an excellent school.  I think it has the smallest student population out of all the ABA schools (approx. 200 students total).  However, the profs. are nice and the campus is attractive in all seasons (yes, it's very cold in the winter months!).

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2006, 02:10:41 PM »
Interesting - everyone here knows nothing about UND Law, yet they feel compelled to reply...

This is the UND Law building:

This is the UND Law library:

UND Law is an excellent school.  I think it has the smallest student population out of all the ABA schools (approx. 200 students total).  However, the profs. are nice and the campus is attractive in all seasons (yes, it's very cold in the winter months!).

How do you classify an excellent school?