Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: decent grades, decent LSAT + misdomeaners = ?  (Read 1189 times)

lawstudent2004

• Sr. Citizen
  • 160 LSAT and 3.48 GPA
    • View Profile
decent grades, decent LSAT + misdomeaners = ?
« on: January 28, 2004, 02:45:04 PM »
I have a 3.48 gpa, a 160 LSAT and 5 misdomeaners from about 4-7 years ago (MIP, PI, theft < 50, and illegal weapens charge).  What will this do to my chances at a good school or any school?  Will it hurt any scholorship chances?  I applied to 2 tier 1 schools and 3 tier 4 schools. 

dailoshane

• View Profile
Re: decent grades, decent LSAT + misdomeaners = ?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2004, 06:14:45 PM »
To answer your question, I know plenty of people who got into law school or med school or dental school with minor alcohol convictions, but I don't know about the theft or weapons convictions. What I do know is that you would probably want to spell things like "weapon" and "misdemeanor" correctly to maximize your chances of getting in.

The LSAT and GPA alone probably aren't enough to get into good law schools unless you have some other stuff going for you, and the misdemeanors definitely don't help an already bleak situation for good law schools. I don't know too much about the tier 4 schools, so I can't answer your question about that.

Shane

lawstudent2004

• Sr. Citizen
  • 160 LSAT and 3.48 GPA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2004, 07:54:40 PM »
I am a strong believer in spell check on important documents, so I hope im covered on that issue. 

I applied to Baylor and U of Houston, which I guess are tier 2 schools, other than my misdemeanors I should have a good shot at these schools.

Thanks for the input, im glad to hear of some other people getting in with convictions, I just hope that I dont have too many or too serious.  They are all class C misdemeanors so I hope it wont be too bad, ill just have to wait and see.

lawstudent2004

• Sr. Citizen
  • 160 LSAT and 3.48 GPA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2004, 05:04:46 PM »
Well the wait is over, I just received my first acceptance letter.