Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: .  (Read 556 times)

waitlisted

• Sr. Citizen
  • Drool. Please note I am not AK47 on XO.
    • View Profile
« on: May 14, 2006, 04:33:56 AM »

Alamo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Brandeis University Mosque Project *blinks*
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2006, 01:57:06 PM »
I think it's a good move.  Beyond all the claptrap we hear from vocal extremist groups, there are millions of Jews and Muslims who would love to be able to coexist peacefully with one another.  What better example for an American predominantly Jewish university to set than by making room for Muslims on campus?  Maybe this could help protestants and Catholics get over some of their petty, superficial differences as well, and focus on the 95% of their faith upon which they agree.
I must admit that I may have been infected with society's prejudices and predilections and attributed them to God . . . and that in years hence I may be seen as someone who was on the wrong side of history.  I don't believe such doubts make me a bad Christian.  I believe they make me human . . .

Fidelio

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2006, 08:51:19 PM »
I also think this is a wonderful move.  I hope this would spawn more interfaith discussions between Jews, Christians and Muslims who share many tenants of faith where they can discuss the many values that they share. 

CAIR has been heavily involved in these informative events including a recent Yom Kipper/Ramadhan dinner in Florida.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=enpCrGkA94k&search=YOM%20KIPPUR%20%26%20RAMADAN

J D

• Sr. Citizen
  • Lust isn't one of the 7 Deadly Sins for nothing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2006, 10:21:43 PM »
I also think this is a wonderful move.  I hope this would spawn more interfaith discussions between Jews, Christians and Muslims who share many tenants of faith where they can discuss the many values that they share. 

CAIR has been heavily involved in these informative events including a recent Yom Kipper/Ramadhan dinner in Florida.

Not to nitpick, but the word is *tenets*.  Once you get to property class, you'll be hearing so much about *tenants* (and be so sick of it) that you'll never confuse the two ever again.  ;)
"I never think of the future.  It comes soon enough."--Albert Einstein

Fidelio

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2006, 07:12:15 AM »

Not to nitpick, but the word is *tenets*.  Once you get to property class, you'll be hearing so much about *tenants* (and be so sick of it) that you'll never confuse the two ever again.  ;)

O rly? 

Just kidding   :D